Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Mechanical Designer (Brea, CA)
Whittier Filtration Inc. a Division of Veolia Water Solutions &Technologies (VWS) is currently seeking a Mechanical Designer to work in our Brea, CA office.
Whittier Filtration, Inc., specializes in water treatment filtration and separation systems for a variety of industrial processes. The Auto-Jet, Filtra-Matic, Autoflot, and Power Clean are some of our proprietary technologies installed in Gold and Silver Mining, Chemical Processing, and Oil & Gas plants.
The ideal candidate will possess a natural ability to design complex piping assemblies, vessels, structural frames, platforms, ladders, and be an expert using Autodesk AutoCAD or Autodesk Inventorsoftware to communicate those designs. Experience with AutoCAD Plant 3D, PDMS, or Bentley Autoplant is a huge plus.
· Review drafting/design specifications required for projects.
· Layout equipment and components used in process equipment skids.
· Create all conceptual and detailed fabrication drawings required for each project.
· Work directly with our internal Project Engineer to ensure document deliverables are on time and in compliance with project specifications.
· Review drawings created by our suppliers.
· Periodic inspection of equipment from sub-suppliers.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, along with a dynamic work environment.
We offer challenging projects and training to ensure your success.
Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies North America, Inc is an industry leader in providing water and wastewater solutions to industrial and municipal customers. Veolia Water provides water services through public-private partnerships and industrial outsourcing agreements and is comprised of the top water professionals in every corner of the globe. Our parent company, Veolia Environment (VE), is a world leader in environmental services. VE is based in France and is comprised of four business segments that serve the environmental needs of customers globally: Veolia Water, Veolia Environmental Services, Veolia Energy, and Veolia Transportation.
The following is required for this position:
· About 3-5 years of proven experience in the design of packaged process equipment, preferably for treatment of industrial water streams.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Confidentiality and non-compete agreement.
· Thorough understanding of packaged process design utilizing pumps, valves, instrumentation and controls, and the manufacturing processes utilized for fabricating and packaging of same.
· Experienced in design of piping, pressure vessels, and steel structures.
· Problem solving thinking, ability to plan, multitask,organize, and manage time.
· Experience in design of projects involving the production of capital equipment.
· Intermediate level required in: Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook)
· Expert level required in: AutoCAD and Inventor