Easter Seals Life Skills Coach I, Adult Day Program - Montebello in California
Life Skills Coach I, Adult Day Program - Montebello
Part-time*; posted:* Saturday, Aug 12 2017
Easterseals Southern California
Send resume to:
Alysa Nagatani California
Under direct supervision, plans and conducts daily activities to facilitate individual learning experiences and develops living skills consistent with the Individual Service Plan (ISP)/Individual Program Plan (IPP) objectives and Service Design.
- Supports daily activities using a variety of techniques to assist in the development of community life and safety skills consistent with the goals of the individual.
- Assists individuals with planning, preparing, and executing a weekly schedule of activities, providing life-long learning skills and learning experiences according to service-provided ISP and IPP goals and objectives.
- Provides assistance with personal care which may include nutrition, personal hygiene and supporting the individual to look his/her best.
- Assists in the development and implementation of a Service Plan consistent with the individual’s personal goals. Assists with assessments, planning, and the evaluation process for individuals. May attend meetings with stakeholders to recommend changes to the service plan.
- Maintains all assigned documentation and data, including ISP's, quarterly and annual evaluations, and case notes.
- Provides guidance to the Personal Assistants as necessary
- Typically requires HS diploma and 1 to 2 years’ experience, or equivalent combination of training, education and experience to perform the job successfully.
- Ability to obtain and maintain CPR certification card and First Aid certificate.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Ability to provide assistance with personal care and transfer an individual who may have little to no weight bearing skills.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds repetitively. Ability to walk, stand, stoop, and kneel for extended periods of time. Ability to push people who use wheelchairs on a variety of terrain and support people with other mobility needs as required.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing; Ability to interpret and carry out verbal and written instruction.
- Must be able to work in a team environment, practicing collaboration and cooperation; Ability to be solution-oriented and creative.
- Must adhere to ethical practices and the core values of ESSC.
- Ability to tolerate an outdoor work environment inclusive of a variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to pass a post-offer physical examination and a TB test.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a criminal record/fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation per Easterseals and/or Service requirements.
- May be required to utilize personal vehicle to transport individuals locally, depending on service design and location; maintain driving record in compliance with Transportation Safety Standards; maintain auto insurance and vehicle registration; must have a minimum of 3 years’ driving experience.