BioReference Laboratories Specimen Processor (FT, 40 Hours) in CAMPBELL, California
COMPANY OVERVIEWThis is an exciting time to join our dynamic organization. OPKO Health is a diversified healthcare company that seeks to establish industry-leading positions in large, rapidly growing markets, including pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, and biologics. OPKO's diagnostics business includes BioReference Laboratories, the nation's third-largest and fastest growing clinical laboratory over the last 35 years, which provides diagnostic testing to physician offices, hospitals, and clinics, among others, and GeneDx, a rapidly growing genetics and genomics laboratory that applies cutting edge technologies to make efficient clinical diagnostic testing and interpretation available for individuals with rare and common genetic conditions. Come join our team and become part of something big, by making our patients and customers the highest priority.JOB DESCRIPTION
We are looking for a Specimen Processor (40 hours per week) in our Campbell, CA location.
Schedule: Mon-Fri from 5am-1pm
Salary is dependent upon experience
Processors are our front line in the Labs. They are indispensable participants at the entry point of a specimen testing. Their ability to quickly identify, label and troubleshoot ensures minimal disruption to our high volume specimen testing processes.
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Receive, identify, label, and process specimens as required for histologic, cytologic, and/or esoteric processing. This includes all labeling of specimen containers, slide(s), and any other materials submitted by the client.
- Ability to handle all specimen types including leaks.
- Multi-task between different types of requisitions. (i.e. CareEvolve, manual, EMR, Digichart, etc.)
- Maintain departmental production goals to ensure hourly specimen flow to the labs are consistent. Must meet a minimum of 28-35 cases per hour.
- Review, transcribe, and enter demographic and specimen data into the laboratory information system with 100% accuracy.
- Recognize specimen problems and refer to designated personnel.
- Prepare specimen work lists as needed for tracking purposes.
- File Requisition Slips, glass slides, and paraffin blocks assisting Laboratory Aide(s) as needed.
- Perform supply maintenance and clean-up duties to help workflow and efficiency.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Able to type a minimum of 45 WPM.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Prior Lab and/or Processing experience
- College degree in Science (AS or BS whether in progress or completed)
- Ability to sit for 8 hours.
- Responsible for lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling object.
- Work requires contact with specimens and requisitions, hand washing and cleaning, biohazardous body fluids, and hazardous chemicals.
- Fast paced and noisy environment that sometimes includes interruptions and distractions.
- OSHA risk factor: Category 1.
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Specimen Processor (FT, 40 Hours)
Location: CAMPBELL , CA 95008
Req Number: BRL-17-1598