Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Location Carlsbad CA
Job Title Facilities Project Manager
Are you a team player who likes to work in-a-hands on environment? Are you inspired by a job that challenges you to be proactive, collaborate in decision making processes, and come up with new ideas that will push your team to the next steps? Then you might be the person we are looking for! We are searching for a Facilities Project Manager to support our growing campus in Carlsbad, CA. As on one of San Diego’s fastest growing high tech companies ViaSat produces innovative satellite and other wireless communication products that enable fast, secure, and efficient communications to any location. If you're looking to join a team in a proven company, then read on to see if you might be a fit for ViaSat.
As the Facilities Project Manager you will provide design, planning & facilitation of space to accommodate present and future office, manufacturing, engineering, R&D and other requirements needed. This multi-faceted position involves managing, improving and optimizing design and effective operating methods of all mechanical and electrical systems within ViaSat facilities. Your effective communication skills with be an asset while overseeing budget, schedule, construction, equipment and material processes. Your active participation will be critical in all site infrastructure operations for all ViaSat locations. As you plan, organize and develop controls for efficient and reliable building infrastructures you will also work with staff personnel and contract service providers to ensure that facilities are properly engineered and well maintained ensuring a safe working environment. As Viasat grows you will drive our new construction engineering management including the design of new and upgraded office space, labs, data centers along with all other functional areas; HVAC and electrical distribution systems; incorporation of new and current mission critical equipment (i.e., generators, UPS). In this hands-on role you can guarantee no day will be the same!
* 8+ years progressive experience in Building Design, Construction and Project Management
* Hands on experience working with Construction, Electrical systems and equipment (distribution switchgear, UPS, Generators) and Mechanical Systems and equipment (HVAC, Chiller, pumps).
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD and its application to Facilities Engineering
* Ability to walk and stand majority of the day.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical or related degree.
* US government position. US citizenship required.
* Ability to travel up 10%
* 10+ years experience managing simultaneous facilities projects within industrial facilities.
* Experiences as a facility engineer and/or project manager is preferred.
* Experience with electrical distribution systems, data centers would be a plus.
Our Carlsbad, CA office is just 30 minutes north of San Diego and 5 minutes from the beach. We know there is more to life than work and with full gym access, volleyball/basketball courts and meal services onsite you’ll never want to leave our beautiful campus. You can also reach out to help others in the community by being involved in our VPartners program.
Drive your career to ViaSat where every day you know your expertise makes a difference to the company, your team and our customers! If you are excited by this opportunity, submit your resume. It only takes a few minutes and could start you on your new path to a fulfilling career at ViaSat.
** ViaSat is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence status may be required for certain positions. For positions requiring U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status, verification of such status will be required upon accepting employment.