Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Resident Engineer/Structures Representative
Date Posted:January 5, 2013
Status:Open until filled
Position will be based out of our Concord Regional office.
Under the direction of the Construction Manager, this individual is responsible for the technical review and approval of shop drawings, faleswork and shoring plans created by the construction contractor, coordinating consultants and directing the work the field inspection staff in accordance with Construction Management requirements. Plans and facilitates project meetings, makes recommendations for change order negotiation and preparation, assists in the preparation of monthly progress reports to client, review of construction schedule, maintaining record drawings. Works in a collaborative manner with the contractor, client and design engineer in facilitating the submittal, design review and construction of major structural elements of the project.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Confer with supervisory personnel, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems
* Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction of roadways and associated facilities
* Schedule work in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines
* Determine staffing requirements and supervise subordinate staff assigned to project
* Inspect and review project to monitor compliance with the contract documents including building and safety codes, environmental documents and other regulations
* Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to subordinate staff, contractor and clients
* Prepare and negotiate contract change orders
* Interface with the public, clients, project stakeholders, utility agencies and other public agencies
* Prepare written documents (i.e. Proposals, Reports, Performance Evaluations, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to successfully manage construction project for scope, schedule and budget.
* Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction of structures, highways and roads using California Department of Transportation standards and procedures.
* Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
* Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, development of conclusions or approaches to problems.
* Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
* Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision-making.
* Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
* Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
* Scheduling events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
* Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources.This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
* The ability to communicate effectively and persuasively (written and verbal) on both technical & non-technical subjects. The ability to make presentations to Boards and Panels.
* B.S. Civil Engineering or similar field.
* Professional Engineering License (State of CA)
* Minimum of 10 years experience in construction management of bridges/highway improvement projects and associated facilities constructed in accordance with Caltrans standards.
If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply online by clicking the link below and you will be transferred to our career site where you will be asked to create a username and password. Only applicants who meet the necessary requirements for the position will be reviewed.
* Please reference Req. #HA13-01 and click "Apply".
* Please upload your cover letter and resume as asingle attachment.
* You can also copy and paste your cover letter/resume in plain text format in the space provided.
If it is determined that your background and expressed interests match the company’s current needs, you will be contacted by a representative from our company to arrange an interview. If you require an accommodation, please contact Human Resources email@example.com. This position will be open until filled.
Harris & Associates is an EEO employer committed to excellence through diversity. All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S. We offer competitive salaries and benefits.