City of Hope Research Protocol Analyst in Duarte, California
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Requisition ID: 10858
Job Title : Research Protocol Analyst
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
This position is primarily in support of the institutional research oversight committees. Portfolio mainly consists IACUC and IBC protocols with some OSBC and SCRO. Including institutional policies, communication with research investigators and their staff in an effort to facilitate protocol submission and review processes. Participates in team effort to coordinate generation and distribution of meeting agendas and develops meeting summaries/minutes reflective of the committee's protocol review activity, deliberations and decision-making. Maintain files of committee actions on protocols. The position requires frequent interaction with Principal Investigators (P.I.s) and their administrative staff. Coordination of research subject protection activities, including compliance with institutional policies. Research Analyst II will need some science background in order to ensure protocol applications are complete.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in related science subject. Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
- Minimum Experience: Minimum of 2-5 years relevant work experience
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree
- Preferred Experience: Experience with IRB, IBC committee functions
- Skills/Abilities: Display tact/consideration in dealing with COH employees. Knowledge of complex federal and state regulations involving the use of human and/or animal subjects in research. Analytical skills to review research protocols for completeness. Effective interpersonal skills to deal with complex, sensitive and confidential material with P.I.s and administrative and research personnel. Effective writing ability to document and summarize salient points and results of meeting proceedings.Ability to communicate the same in writing and verbally to P.I.s. Ability to work as a team member in an office where there are numerous deadlines and time-sensitive issues requiring judgment and flexibility. Working knowledge of relational data bases for management of research protocols. Ability to pay attention to details involving protocols documents. Experience in laboratory research environment or as a Research Associate. Excellent oral/written communication and organizational skills Present a positive professional image; demonstrating service orientation
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability