Pep Boys Engine Performance Technician in Escondido, California
Auto Plus is a major U.S.-based distributor of automotive aftermarket parts. Since 1921, Pep Boys has been one of the nation's leading automotive aftermarket chains with over 7,500 service bays in over 800 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico. Together, the united organization, Auto Plus Pep Boys, has over 21,000 associates in more than 20 distribution centers and over 1,000 corporate locations. In addition, the company supports more than 530 independently-owned stores and over 2,400 independently-owned service centers across the nation. Auto Plus Pep Boys is owned by Icahn Enterprises L.P. ("Icahn Enterprises"; NASDAQ: IEP).
Primarily responsible for performing efficient engine performance diagnoses, and repair and replacement of general automotive parts and accessories. Direct interaction with customers and deliver superior service through educating the customer on the problems and proposed solutions for their vehicle. Will conduct a wide variety of diagnoses and repairs; including but not limited to performance, drivability and emissions diagnostic, state safety and emissions testing, brakes, steering and suspension, electrical, maintenance services, HVAC, starting and charging, and major engine.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of diagnosing and repairing a customer's vehicle, as well as, caring for the vehicle while it is being repaired and properly securing it after the repair is completed.
- Adhere to a "do it right the first time" philosophy and a successful EP Technician will not exceed two or more comebacks within a four-week period of time.
- Maintain a 90% minimum productivity performance level. Ensure training completions are maintained at 100%.
- Expected to comply with policies and procedures, loss prevention, safety, and environmental codes and ordinances.
- Provide accurate and effective direction, advice and assistance to service advisors, other EP Technicians, commercial, retail and parts associates.
- Passionately focus on customer needs, and drive the service center's performance with the highest degree of integrity and trust. Must be approachable by both customers and associates.
- Expected to maintain technical capabilities to ensure proficient use of service equipment and maintain certification status.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum of 6 months experience as a certified technician or mechanic and three ASE's (A6 Electrical, A8 Engine Performance, L1 Advanced Engine Performance) and a State Emissions License are required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret retail business reports, professional and/or technical journals, time reports, operational reports, government regulations, merchandising reports, plan-o-gram (merchandising) instructions or technical procedures.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages and fractions. Must be able to apply mathematical formulas to calculate commission, discounts and interest.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
- Need full range of motion for reaching, bending and stooping.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms, legs.
- May drive a vehicle if needed.
- Lifting of heavy equipment >100 pounds is required.
- May work outside and be exposed to weather.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reporting: Store Manager of Service
Potential Schedule: Days, Nights, Weekend, Holidays
Type of Store: Service
Job Status: Full-time
Location Number: 00664
Location Name: PBY CA Escondido-00664