Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: USA-California, Folsom
Job Number: 704061
Job Description: Mobile and Communications Group (MCG) is looking for an experienced Software engineer with strong background in Embedded product development using Android OS, or any other Linux OS based embedded platform. In this position, you will be working on the next generation Intel(R) Atom(TM) based Mobile devices. Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
-Design and develop the Linux Kernel drivers for Customer reference platforms. Work with the internal and external open source communities to upstream the Drivers.
-Lead the Firmware and Android Software stack bring-up activity on Customer reference platforms. -Working closely with Hardware and Firmware engineers to debug and troubleshoot the issues observed throughout the product life-cycle.
-Coming up with innovative solutions/tools that would help improve engineering efficiency.
- Provide the associated software documentation for users and technical support to customers to address the issues escalated to engineering from technical support.
- You should possess a BS degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering with 5 years of experience or a MS degree with 4 years of experience in the broad areas of system software design and/or development on Real time OS targets.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Linux kernel, Device Drivers, and C programming.
- Experience working on Android O.S.
- Experience working on Device drivers such as Sensors, Display, Touchscreen, Battery Management, and Audio is a plus.
- Experience with Firmware development and integration-Previous experience with Software/Firmware Validation, Build, Release and Configuration Management. Familiarity with source control systems such as GIT is a plus.
Job Category: Engineering
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced