Jewish Community Center 2017-2018 Preschool Teacher - Full-Time & Part-Time Shifts Available in Foster City, California
The Peninsula Jewish Community Center (PJCC) cultivates Jewish culture and values, builds community, and serves people of all ages on the North Peninsula of the San Francisco Bay Area. Our excellent educational, cultural, and recreational programs create a vibrant, inviting gathering place where people of all backgrounds and ages feel at home. Our warm and caring preschool serves 250 children, ages 2-5, and their families. Our play-based, child-led school philosophy emphasizes the values of responsibility, dignity, kindness, community, tradition, generosity and respect. Our large classrooms, beautiful outdoor spaces and wonderful enrichments including PE, Music and Gardening are highlights of our programs. Teachers collaborate together and enjoy ongoing professional development opportunities as a part of their schedule. In addition to a generous benefits package, teachers also receive membership to our Fitness Center including access to group fitness classes, pools, and workout facilities.
Teachers are responsible for creating a warm, inviting and developmentally appropriate classroom environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create a classroom environment that supports the needs of each individual child with concerns for their interests, individual learning style and stage of development, as well as the class as a group. Helps each child to become aware of his / her role as a member of the group while reinforcing positive self-esteem.
- Plans individual and group activities to stimulate growth in language, social, and motor skills such as learning to listen to instructions, playing with others, and using play equipment.
- Incorporate learning about Jewish holidays, values and culture into the classroom environment.
- Instructs children in practices of self-care, and help children with self-care as needed. Implement a developmentally appropriate toilet-training program in a positive and nurturing manner when needed.
- Is responsible for ordered arrangement, appearance, and age-appropriate learning environment of classroom. Develops and implements lesson plans. Cares for, maintains, and requests supplies and equipment.
- Alternates periods of strenuous activity with periods of rest or light activity to avoid overstimulation and fatigue.
- Helps children develop habits of caring for own clothing and picking up and putting away toys and books.
- Serves meals and healthy snacks to children.
- Communicate with families regularly through email, in-person conversation and annual parent-teacher conferences.
Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 2:00pm, 11:00am - 4:00pm, 1:00pm - 6:00pm or 8:30am - 6:00pm.
- 12 units of approved Early Childhood Education or willingness to complete 6 more units in the next 6 months.
- Bachelor's Degree or Associate's degree in Child Development, or Teacher permit is strongly preferred.
- One year experience required. Knowledge of Jewish culture and traditions is a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word processing software and perform email functions.
Date Posted: 07/17/2017
Title: 2017-2018 Preschool Teacher - Full-Time & Part-Time Shifts Available
JCC: Peninsula JCC
Location: Foster City, CA