Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Head of Commercialization - Information Products
Location: United States-CA-Foster City
Other Locations: null
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The Head of Commercialization –Information Products will be responsible for developing the global strategy and developing a framework for the commercialization of new product launches for the mobile payments programs. This is a new leadership position in Visa and the role will have primary interactions with the Global Head of Products, Sales, Marketing and Customer Support. Visa is looking for individuals with a proven track record in leading a function to drive the commercialization of new products.
The position reports directly to the Global Head of Commercialization.
* Primary ownership of the global Information Products commercialization strategy for Visa Inc., integrating product strategies across Visa sub-functions and driving development of new cross-functional strategies. Manage forward looking key deliverables, recommend priorities and scope, and drive work plans towards prioritized deliverables
* Develop and lead strategic roadmaps and high-level business cases to optimize commercialization of products. Work with Visa executive management--within product, sales, marketing and other functions and geographies-to develop product commercialization strategies and plans.
* Manage financial forecasts and long and short-term financial plans to maximize growth while meeting quarterly and annual financial targets. Ensure that resources are dedicated to the most appropriate business initiatives.
* Develop and lead specific go to market information product strategies in conjunction with international geographies and regional leads
* Hire and lead a high performance team, ensuring effective acquisition and utilization of talent needed to ensure a best in class Information Products team.
* Develop strategy and lead commercialization plan by working closely with Product, Sales, Marketing, Customer Support, and other functions to define launch requirements and success criteria
* Coordinate across functions to execute launch strategy and commercialization plan
* Develop successful launch requirements (e.g., level of customer support required, development resources for deployment, marketing collateral) and co-create solutions with other functions (e.g., Product, Marketing, Sales, Finance)
* Conduct due diligence on international prioritization for product rollout and define product features necessary to succeed in those geographies
* Accelerate time-to-market by identifying and solving critical issues
* Continuously scan external environment to bring in best-in-class practices and challenge conventional wisdom to ensure Visa’s continued leadership and excellence
* Lead decision-making committees to ensure seamless transition of products from concept to global deployment
* 15 years’ experience, including experience in product and/or project management, ideally new product launch/introduction at technology company
* Strong leadership and influencing skills and business acumen – thinks strategically to influence and drive tactical program execution
* Seasoned leader with extensive industry and functional expertise, including software development, marketing, sales, legal, etc.
* Strong collaborations skills with the ability to effectively work cross organizationally
* Ability to drive decisions
* Ability to resolve conflicting situations
* Superior communication skills
* Proven track record of success
* Creativity and resourcefulness to overcome unexpected roadblocks
* Visa and financial/payment industry knowledge is preferred
* Technology industry experience preferred
* International experience a plus
* MBA or advanced degree is strongly preferred