Sprint Solutions Engineer in IRVINE, California
Provides engineering support to sales in one or more specific technologies, segments, or industry verticals, directly interfaces with customers, and identifies solution criteria and performing design work, with the purpose of driving customer solution sales. Incorporates company into opportunity planning sessions with sales and solutions developed for customers. Participates in customer meetings to uncover opportunities and recommend solutions. Conducts knowledge transfer sessions with sales and customers other organizations on solutions, technologies and industry trends within the scope of their knowledge and expertise.
• Coordinates sales strategy and tactics with sales account team
• Designs customer network solutions based upon customer requirements against Sprint’s product portfolio
• Conduct customer sales meetings and related discussions
• Presents key knowledge, design components, and solutions to customers
• Designs IP Addressing schemes
• Designs Customer Premise Equipment (CPE) components
• Documents network design in Netformx or related tools
Must have valid driver's license, three consecutive years of active driving history, successfully complete driver's safety training, and otherwise comply with Sprint's Driver Safety Policy and guidelines.
• Bachelor's degree and two years related network or telecom work experience or six years related work experience post high school
• Two years of experience designing networks in Netformx or related design tool
• Two years of experience configuring Cisco CPE in Cisco CCO portal
• Two years of experience developing IP addressing schemes with appropriate IP subnetting knowledge (can be tested)
• Two years of experience selling wireline or related solutions, technical products, services or applications
• Three years of experience in creation of technical documentation and formal/informal presentations
• Two years of experience managing internal/external relationships in a matrix environment
• Two years of project management experience in a technical and/or customer environment
At Sprint, we’re more than just talk. We’ve changed the way people communicate, how they work and how they stay connected on the go. Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Behind every decision we make, there is a passion and drive to develop technologies to enhance and simplify our customers' lives.
Are you ready for the big time?
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer and considers qualified candidates with criminal histories consistent with applicable law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Sprint is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has been recognized for its commitment to diversity and creating an inclusive workplace where all employees’ backgrounds, talents and contributions are valued. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nation origin, disability or protected veteran status. Sprint is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Protected Veterans
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled protected veteran and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to apply for one of our positions, you may submit a request by sending an email to email@example.com or by faxing your request to 913-523-9980 .
“Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws” Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster ; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster ; Supplemental Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) is the Law Poster ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster ; Pay Transparency Notice Poster ; and the Philadelphia’s Fair Change Hiring Law Poster .