CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP Tax Manager/Director in Las Vegas, California
CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP is hiring a Tax Manager in our Las Vegas, Nevada office.
This opportunity provides growth and leadershipin a fast-paced environment, perfect for individuals who want opportunity, growth and new challenges.
Come work for the 9th largest CPA firm in the nation!
Do you want a better work/life balance and the opportunity to help develop a practice and make a meaningful contribution?
If you are looking for the opportunity to take your career in the direction you wantwith a growing firm, this could be the position for you.
If you are searching for a career with flexibility, work/life balance, opportunities to engage with the Firm and advance to leadership roles, we are the Firm for you.
The Director (Tax) specifically provides tax services to clients. S/he leads client service teams and performs a wide variety of client assignments.
- Tax: Focus on engagement management and operational excellence. Perform a range of tax procedures in accordance with the size and complexity of the engagement. Manage the day-to-day interaction and expectations of clients. Develop people management and team building skills. Demonstrate leadership with subordinates on engagements. Support execution of engagement responsibilities. Demonstrate personal productivity by working efficiently and effectively. Understand the firm’s financial model and ensure profitable delivery of engagements. Engage in business development opportunities and achieve appropriate business development goals. Build solid, effective client relationships. Reviews complex individual and corporate tax returns. Prepare research for complex tax issues. Manage, research, schedule, supervise, and review tax engagements. Guide clients through business processes, such as succession and tax planning.
- Technical Competencies: General knowledge of accounting principles and/or regulations impacting each engagement or project, financial markets, analysis and reporting of financial data.
Minimum Required Experience, Education, and Certifications
- Experience: A minimum of 5 to 6 years of experience in a public accounting firm driving strategic management.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Certifications/Licenses: CPA certification or EA.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions, strength to lift and carry files weighing up to 5 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Individuals in client-serving positions must be able to travel to/from client sites, as required.
- Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate. Client environments may vary, depending on services provided, but most, if not all, work will be performed in a traditional office setting under normal working conditions.
- Travel: This position requires frequent local travel to/from client sites and may require occasional non-local or overnight travel for client visits, training, meetings and/or other business-related purposes.son.
ABOUT THE FIRM CliftonLarsonAllen LLP (CLA)is a professional services firm delivering integrated wealth advisory, outsourcing, and public accounting capabilities to help clients succeed professionally and personally. Our team members are immersed in the industries they serve and have specialized knowledge of their operating and regulatory environments. With more than 5,000 people and 100 U.S. locations, and a global affiliation, we bring a wide array of solutions to help clients in all markets, foreign and domestic. For more information, visit CLAconnect.com. Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
We are deeply invested in the success of our professionals and provide innovative career-building opportunities. At CLA, we aim to positively impact the clients we serve, the people we employ, the profession we represent and the communities we call home.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 17-1397
Title: Tax Manager/Director
City: Las Vegas