Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Requisition Number: 630
Internal Job Title / Job Code: 100274 - Sales Rep II
Area of Interest: Sales
City: LOS ANGELES
State / Province: California
Position Description: Position Summary: As a full-time sales associate of Frey Scientific and Neo/SCI, perform the job functions necessary to meet and exceed sales growth forecasts for a specified, primary territory. To sell and support Frey Scientific and Neo/SCI products, curriculum programs and services to public and private school accounts in the K-12 market by interacting with established customers, while also developing new business opportunities. To maintain market share and profitability in accordance with business unit annual plan and budgets. To support other SSI Science and SSI sales initiatives as required.
• Visit target accounts, focusing on middle/junior/senior high schools (grades 6-12), as well as medium and high potential district science and purchasing personnel
• Perform sales visits to science teachers, science chairs, administrators, and other key decision-makers at approximately 1,200 schools and districts during the school year. Due to the geographical size of the territory, the site visits will result in actual appointments with select decision makers, with a focus on dissemination of Frey and Neo/SCI-related information and a balance between quality and quantity
• Establish a relationship with the teachers and key decision-makers positioning Frey Scientific and Neo/SCI as their resource for science equipment and supplies. Objectives include secure and renew orders, identify budget and curriculum trends, and monitor competitive activity
• Support sales and marketing initiatives by the Discount Department, specifically site visits to competitive bid prospects that have not responded to Frey offering (status, awards, etc.), and direction regarding Frey’s discount presence” in an account, district, region or state
• Identify new school construction or renovation opportunities and co-ordinate with either Frey Scientific Lab Plan or SSI PbD personnel
• Capture pertinent marketing information, such as contact names & disciplines taught, from the accounts in the specified territory, to support future mailings and sales contacts (included above).
• Manage annual travel expense budget specific to job description and responsibilities. All business related travel expenses must be submitted on a weekly basis with all receipts and appropriate documentation
• Participate in Frey Scientific and Neo/SCI product demonstrations and co-ordinate training sessions and workshops with other SSI Science or SSI sales personnel for accounts where large opportunities exist
• Support Frey Scientific, Neo/SCI and SSI Science’s exhibit presence at local, state, regional and national science conventions. Complete all required follow up in a timely fashion
• Submit monthly sales, progress and forecast reports as required
Territory is AZ, NV, NM and Southern CA. Candidates should live within easy access to a major airport.
Travel requirement ranges from 30% to 80% of the time based on seasonality and includes regular overnight and occasional weekend trips.
School Specialty, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace.
All applicants are subject to a drug screen as a condition of employment.
School Specialty Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requirements: Bachelor degree in Business and/or Education, or equivalent work experience required. Education sales, Science education sales or Curriculum sales experience preferred. K-12 science teaching experience preferred. Basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email) required. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills also required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily; be organized and able to prioritize their work load; possess strong interpersonal skills, the ability to problem solve, and be an independent thinker while functioning as part of a team. Must have the ability to speak and present effectively to large groups of people on a regular basis. Strong writing skills are required. Ability to drive a motor vehicle is required.