Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job #811: Other
Title:Application Support and Training Specialist
Job Location:Los Angeles
Application Support and Training Specialist
Under the direction of the IT Director, the Application Support and Training Specialist provides technical support of the firm's deskside environment. Primary responsibilities are the troubleshooting of help desk issues, delivering software training to the firm's staff and attorneys, maintenance of PC software and hardware, working on IT department projects as assigned .
· 3-4 years providing technical support in a law firm.
· Experience delivering software training in a law firm, both in a classroom setting and one-on-one.
· Expert knowledge of the Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010 with focus on Word and Outlook.
· Experience with legal applications and systems including document and records management, time and billing software, dictation systems, court calendaring.
· A highly proactive, solution-oriented approach to work and interactions.
· Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership of projects and resolving issues proactively.
· High comfort level with sometimes stressful client requirements.
· Technical aptitude and understanding, including ability to quickly learn new applications.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and apply effective independent judgment.
· Availability to work overtime; flexibility regarding work schedule.
· Microsoft certifications highly desirable.
· Provide help desk support for the firm's users, including remote support for other offices.
· Learn new and current desktop applications from the bottom up.
· Create training materials and/or customize relevant 3rdparty training courseware to fit the firm's training needs. Materials will be produced in a variety of media formats: videos, screenshot guides, screen capture videos, etc.
· Maintain and service firm's training laptops and AV equipment.
· Deliver software training to staff and attorneys for software applications used by the firm in both classroom and/or one-on-one training.
· Maintain desktops and laptops as needed including WDS imaging, software and hardware installation, and network configurations. Ensure all PCs adhere to the firm's security policies.
· Work on or assist in IT projects as assigned by the IT Director.
· Document configuration, practices and procedures for deskside software applications, including, technical specifications in accordance with the IT Department's Documentation standards.
· Provide general technical support of the firm's office equipment such as copiers, faxes and scanners.
The Application Support and Training Specialist reports directly to the IT Director. Full-time, non-exempt position.