UCLA Fielding School of Public Health Project Scientist - Genetics in Los Angeles, California
Project Scientist - Genetics Apply now to Project Scientist - Genetics
- DAVID GEFFEN SCHOOL OF MEDICINE - MOLECULAR & MEDICAL PHARMACOLOGY
Open October 10th, 2017 through December 15th, 2017
An experienced experimental and data scientist is required for a diverse range of projects. The experimental work will require knowledge of tissue culture, general molecular biology, cloning, and genomic and genetic techniques. The analytical work will involve computational analysis of large genomic datasets and will require knowledge of high-level statistical and scientific programming. The work will focus on studies of human genetic networks, complex mammalian trait genetics, screens for drug targets, transcriptomic and genomic analyses, mammalian behavior, transcription, cell biology, and biological and genomic imaging.
Minimum qualifications include:
(1) BS and PhD degrees
(2) A minimum of five years postdoctoral training
(3) A track record of at least 20 publications in reputable, peer reviewed journals
(4) Professional understanding of statistical analysis and programming.
(5) Experience of acting as a laboratory manager, including co-ordination of ordering, cataloging and stock keeping of reagents, as well as maintenance of scientific instruments.
(6) Ability to interact with regulatory and oversight bodies relating to laboratory safety and animal welfare.
(7) Experience in writing lucid and comprehensible standard operating procedures (SOPs) for biological and genetic experimentation.
(8) Ability to write lucid, clear and easy to understand animal welfare protocols.
The position requires a talented, enterprising and industrious individual, with outstanding interpersonal skills and dedicated to performing scientific research at the highest levels of accomplishment.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy, see: UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy.
Los Angeles, CA
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
3 letters of reference required
How to apply
Create an ApplicantID
Provide required information and documents
If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now