Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Business Title Senior Engineer I - Parts Engineering - RF
Location USA CALIFORNIA Montrose
Clearance Level Needed Top Secret
Category Engineering & Support Services
Job Duties and Responsibilities
ManTech SRS Technologies provides reliability engineering support services to the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, California. These support services includes product and circuit reliability, thermal, structural and natural space environments modeling and simulation, electromagnetic compatibility requirements, test, and analysis, problem failure reporting, probabilistic risk assessment, Information Technology, and quality assurance.
Be a member of our Team supporting the JPL Parts Engineering and Reliability Group (5141) within the Electronic Parts Engineering Section (514). Responsible for the selection and approval of RF parts for spacecraft systems. Will lead and conduct RF part technology evaluation, characterization, statistical data analysis, and risk assessments. Will participate in failure investigations and reliability assessments. Will create engineering procurement drawings and specifications. Will review supplier process controls and requirements. Will help develop effective derating criteria for the use of RF part technologies in space applications. Will provide expertise to design engineers in the selection of RF devices that meet project requirements. Will serve as a problem solver in device manufacturing, testing and reliability issues. Will develop screening and qualification plans for RF devices. Will proficiently use common computer tools and common office software packages for task management. Will support technical surveys and audits of RF part suppliers.
Overview of EEE Parts discipline: Will conduct engineering assessments and will review EEE parts for reliability related performance. Will advise projects on the part selection that maximizes reliability while considering schedule and cost constraints. Will conduct scientific experiments or theoretical analysis to determine the physical behavior of parts in a space-like radiation environment. Will oversee part procurement to ensure compliance with engineering requirements and maintain part inventories.
• Advises projects on part selections that maximize reliability while considering schedule and cost constraints.
• Develops part engineering specifications and drawings.
• Risk assesses part waivers, deficiencies, and failures.
• Applies in-depth knowledge and experience to decide when to release or apply margins.
• Designs/applies test methods, techniques and criteria to reduce part risk to project.
• Applies advanced knowledge of part and project risk knowledge to define part reliability and quality requirements.
• Analyzes screening and qualification test results.
• Participates in development of contract technical documentation and provides contract insight/oversight functions for small contracts.
• Performs complex and wide ranging job functions and activities across disciplines.
• Works independently on key projects and assignments with only limited direction, typically receiving few or no instructions.
• Responsible for approving others work, and ensuring compliance with requirements on key projects and assignments.
• Leads a team for a project, activity, or function within scope of assigned responsibility.
• Interactions normally involve presenting, validating and analyzing complex information.
• Advises and consults with management or equivalent within and outside own organization.
• Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science/Engineering, Applied Mathematics or related technical discipline with typically a minimum of 6 years of related experience; Masters degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 4 years of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of 2 years related experience.
• Advanced knowledge in one or more of the following areas: RF active devices, RF passive devices, RF hybrid devices and/or RF assemblies.
• Extensive understanding and experience in the selection, procurement, manufacture, use and testing/screening of high reliability electronic parts for space-flight applications.
• Advanced knowledge of industry and/or academic practices and standards across a range of applications related to RF device technologies.
• Ability to provide technical oversight of flight electronic parts tasks including the creation of engineering requirements drawings.
• Substantial ability to multi-task with an established track record of meeting milestone schedules.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Extensive knowledge and substantial use of common computer tools.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Advanced knowledge of Laboratory policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations across a range of applications.
• Hybrid microelectronics design, manufacturing and/or testing experience.
• Matlab, Labview, SPICE, C++ or related software programs.
• Knowledge of Military, NASA, TOR, Telcordia and JEDEC specifications and requirements related to Hybrid devices.
• Ability to work well with cross-functional teams, design engineers, line management, and project management.
• Contract Technical Management experience.
• DoD industry experience.
• Active TS//SCI Clearance.
• Ability to obtain TS//SCI Clearance.
Qualifications Requires Bachelor’s Degree (in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Science or Information Technology) or equivalent, and two to four years of related experience.
Degrees See Qualifications
Years of Experience See Qualifications
Position Type FT
Date Required 01-Mar-2013
Overview For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries, is concerned that it fulfill its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Special Disabled Veteran, Armed Forces Service Medal Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or Other Protected Veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
© 2010 ManTech International Corporation. All Rights Reserved.