Google Hardware Engineer (FPGA), Waymo in Mountain View, California
As a Hardware Engineer -- Field-Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA) and Emulation -- you help design and verify some of our most advanced digital components for compute and sensor systems. You'll directly contribute to design and verification components that get integrated into advanced ASICs and FPGAs.
Waymo is a self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. We’re determined to improve transportation for people around the world, building on software and sensor technology developed in Google’s labs since 2009.
- Work with Design, Verification, and Software teams to simulate future silicon and software on an emulation platform.
- Debug failures and simulation/emulation/silicon mismatches.
- Design core blocks for FPGAs.
- Assist with silicon bring-up, debug and characterization.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with RTL design, System Verilog, simulation, UVM, synthesis, and timing closure.
- Experience working with hardware emulation platforms and tools (EVE, Palladium, Veloce) or FPGA design/prototyping. Experience with on-chip logic analyzers/tools (chipscope, signaltap, etc.).
- Experience in programming and scripting (C, C++, Python, TCL).
- Familiarity with performance and power analysis.
- Familiarity with JTAG and DFT.
At Waymo, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Waymo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.