Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Platform Engineer (Hardware)
About Pure Storage
Pure Storage, the all-flash enterprise storage company, enables the broad deployment of flash in the data center. When compared to traditional disk-centric arrays, Pure Storage all-flash enterprise arrays are 10x faster and 10x more space and power efficient at a price point that is less than performance disk per gigabyte stored. The Pure Storage FlashArray is ideal for high performance workloads, including server virtualization, desktop virtualization (VDI), database (OLTP, real-time analytics) and cloud computing. For more information, visitwww.purestorage.com.
This engineer is responsible for hardware integration of I/O modules (NICs, HBAs, HCAs), motherboards, and enclosure management subsystem components including preliminary vendor investigation, qualification, manufacturing readiness, debug, system/software integration, and failure analysis.
* Good verbal communication & collaboration skills
* Experience with selecting, qualifying and supporting high performance compute servers.
* Experience in qualifying off the shelf HW/FW such as power supplies, motherboards, HBAs & motherboard firmware.
* Experience supporting shipping enterprise products including FA & RCA
* Familiarity with standard busses such as PCIe, DDR, USB & I2C
* Proven ability to create and review written engineering documentation
* Thorough understanding of Linux based tools & utilities
* Ability to write scripts (e.g. shell, perl, python)
* Experience collaborating with external suppliers of complex subsystems
* 5+ years hands-on experience designing, developing and integrating hardware into products.
* BS or equivalent in Computer or Electrical Engineering
Nice to have:
* Deep expertise in some server design area: e.g. motherboards, HBAs, NICs, power, signal integrity
* Deep expertise in standard busses
* Expertise with multi-socket SandyBridge/IvyBridge based motherboards
* Expertise with BIOS & BMC firmware
* Experience with HW/OS interaction
* Experience with mechanical design, thermal analysis, and packaging
* Experience providing inputs for & reviewing end user documentation
* Experience writing C/C++
* 5+ years direct experience designing, integrating and supporting enterprise storage systems.
* MS or equivalent in Computer or Electrical Engineering