Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Shmoop (www.shmoop.com) is a digital curriculum company that makes learning, teaching, and test prep materials that are—dare we say it—awesome, thrilling, spectacular, magnificent, unforgettable, and...smart. Really smart.
If you''re harboring a secret love forsuspension and steeringor have positive feelings aboutdamage repair, look no further. To help carry out Shmoop''s (mostly benign) plans for world domination, we''re looking for a talented Project-Based Content Writer with a passion for teaching prospective automotive technicians.
* Experience with the A Series and B Series certification exams administered by the ASE and appropriate test preparation. Applicants should be familiar with the format and procedure of the exams and be able to describe a number of test-taking strategies and tips.
* Extensive knowledge of the material tested on the exams. Applicants should have mastery over the content covered in A Series (A1-A9): Automobile & Light Truck Certification Tests as well as B Series (B2-B5): Collision Repair & Refinish Certification Tests. Applicants will need to create review materials for anything from engine repair to painting to brake systems.
* The ability to write cohesively and concisely while also being conversational. We''re looking for a well-written yet accessible study guide from which any student can benefit.
* The capacity to create original and appropriate drill questions and practice exams that comprehensively match the ASE certification exams. We want to prepare students for what they will actually encounter on the oh-so-intimidating test day.
* A smashing sense of humor, because we''re trying to make studying for this exam as fun as possible. Hey- we never said this job would be easy, did we?
Our offices are located in Mountain View, California, but you can work from wherever you want (whenever you want, and also wearing whatever you want). The position is part-time, and you''ll be paid per completed project.
Send us your cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts; we''ll be waiting with bated breath. If we like what we see, a topic-specific writing sample will be required.