Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Shmoop (www.shmoop.com) is a digital curriculum company that makes learning, teaching, and test prep materials that are—dare we say it—awesome, thrilling, spectacular, magnificent, unforgettable, and...smart. Really smart.
If you''re harboring a secret love forelectrical outletsor have positive feelings aboutoverload protection, look no further. To help carry out Shmoop''s (mostly benign) plans for world domination, we''re looking for a talented Project-Based Content Writer with a passion for teaching journeyman and master electricians.
* Experience with the Journeyman and Master Electrician Exams and appropriate test preparation. Applicants should be familiar with the format and procedure of the exam and be able to describe a number of test-taking strategies and tips.
* Extensive knowledge of the material tested on the exam. This includes basic math skills, relevant vocabulary, steps in electrical procedures, general electrical standards, and an understanding of various reference tables. Applicants should also have mastery over the nine major categories included on the exam: Grounding and Bonding, Raceways, Conductors, Special Occupancies and Equipment, General Electrical Calculations, and so on and so forth.
* The ability to write cohesively and concisely while also being conversational. We''re looking for a well-written yet accessible study guide from which any student can benefit.
* The capacity to create original and appropriate drill questions and practice exams that comprehensively match the electrician exams. We want to prepare students for what they will actually encounter on the oh-so-intimidating test day.
* A smashing sense of humor, because we''re trying to make studying for this exam as fun as possible. Hey- we never said this job would be easy, did we?
Our offices are located in Mountain View, California, but you can work from wherever you want (whenever you want, and also wearing whatever you want). The position is part-time, and you''ll be paid per completed project.
Send us your cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts; we''ll be waiting with bated breath. If we like what we see, a topic-specific writing sample will be required.