St. Joseph Health F/T - Field staff RN - Sea Crest Home Health in Orange, California
F/T - Field staff RN - Sea Crest Home Health
SJH Home Health Network
Requisition # R266822
Job Summary: The Home Health Registered Nurse assesses patients for skilled home health needs, develops and initiates a plan of care with the physician approval and provides nursing care, ordered by the physician to patients in their place of residence. The Home Health Registered Nurse continually re-evaluates the patients nursing needs.
Essential Values-Based, Leadership and Management Competencies: Demonstrates values-based competencies in line with the four core values that are the foundation of all activities performed by employees in order to achieve the Mission of the St. Joseph Health System.
Dignity: Demonstrates competence in communication and interpersonal relations.
Excellence: Demonstrates competence in continuous improvement, continuous learning, accountability, and teamwork.
Service: Demonstrates competence in customer/patient focus and adaptability.
Justice: Demonstrates competence in community orientation and stewardship.
• Demonstrates knowledge and competency in performing baseline-nursing skills, including assessment, wound care, catheter care and infusion. Maintains clinical competencies according to agency standards.
• Completes comprehensive assessments, including OASIS items, accurately and timely at specific time-points as defined by regulation and agency policy.
• Develops a plan of care, in collaboration with the patient, family/caregiver and physician orders including frequency and duration of nursing visits, specific care or treatments to be provided, appropriate goals, medications, other disciplines needed and discharge plan.
• Documents the comprehensive assessment and plan of care in the EHR and synchronizes by 10:00AM the following day.
• Implements and provides nursing care, treatment and services according to the plan of care and accepted standards of care, including patient educations and any IV or other medications required to be administered by the nurse.
• Communicates changes in patient status, patient issues and concerns and changes in orders to the Physician, Clinical Manager and Clinical Supervisor according to agency guidelines.
• Practices infection control and universal precautions for self and others in patient care activities.
• Advocate for quality patient outcomes communicating with authorization nurses and community vendors timely.
• Maintains patient rights and dignity. Assures the care of the dying patient, optimizing his/her comfort and dignity.
• Effectively establishes priorities and delegates responsibilities appropriately when supervising the LVN and the CHHA .
• Meets the productivity standards of the organization.
• Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
• Possesses knowledge of Medicare/Medical and insurance standards to ensure reimbursement for all services rendered.
• Accepts assignments for designated work days; and accepting assignments will vary.
• Attends at least 90% of team meetings, huddles, and in-services annually.
• Adheres to California Licensing Regulations for Home Health and performs duties within the Registered Nurse scope of practice.
• Conforms to all applicable Agency policies and procedures.
• Participates actively in continuing education and in-services.
• Assumes responsibility for reporting incidents and complaints according to Agency policy.
• Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
• Flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations; participates as a team-player to support your team and Agency needs.
• Demonstrates Values based customer service skills.
• Adheres to and maintains HIPAA standards
• Cooperates fully in risk management activities and investigations.
• Is knowledgeable of, observes and complies with Home Health Agency Codes of Safe Practice, safety policies and emergency procedures.
• Participate in weekend, on-call and holiday rotation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education: Completes necessary education to attain RN Licensure in state of California.
Experience: 1 year of professional nursing experience required.
License / Certification: Current California RN license; CA Driver's License and current automobile liability insurance; current Basic Life Support.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
• IV and Central lines experience
• Wound care including use of negative pressure devices
• Home health field experience
• Knowledge of proper procedures for handling exposure to communicable diseases and blood borne pathogens.
• Knowledge of the proper technique to handle exposure to hazardous material.
Physical Requirements: Defined on the attached Physical Demand Analysis.
Since 1988, St. Joseph Health, Home Care Services has been a trusted leader in home health, hospice and infusion pharmacy, helping clients throughout Orange County, Los Angeles County and the Inland Empire receive the quality care they need in the comfort of their home. A member of the St. Joseph Hoag Health alliance, St. Joseph Health, Home Care Services is guided by our core values of excellence, service, dignity and justice in everything we do. With over 700 caring employees, we are dedicated to restoring the health and well-being of clients and families at all stages of life’s journey.
St. Joseph Health, Home Care Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Health, Home Care Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.