Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
id="tms_job_13-055">Product Team Leader - Prialt
Job Code :13-055
Division :Jazz Pharmaceuticals
Location :Palo Alto CA US 94304
Job Type :Full Time
Career Level :Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Education :Bachelor's Degree
Category :Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical
Job Description :
Directly reporting to an Executive Committee member who provides guidance and mentoring. Also accountable to the AIM, Asset Investment Management, committee.
Responsible for developing and, if approved, implementing strategies and tactics to optimize the long-term value of the Prialt product.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Develops and leads one or more cross-functional teams to recommend and execute on initiatives as agreed by AIM
* Accountable for ensuring various resources and budget support is provided for designated product/product groups
* Accountable for achieving global alignment on projects in the product portfolio with input from the EC and project partners
* Responsible for providing leadership to the team as it considers alternatives and makes decisions about strategies along with recommending initiatives during execution stages
* Provides high level strategic direction and mentorship,, drives a culture of excellence, and motivates team members to perform at their highest ability
* Ensure that strategic options, assessments and risks are communicated to AIM
* Build partnerships with key stakeholders throughout the organization to ensure that strategic business goals are met through the sharing of knowledge, expertise and the provision of appropriate resources
* Proactively manage critical product-related issues, taking a leadership role as appropriate
Experience and/or Competencies Required:
Demonstrated excellence in the core competency areas of process management, decision-making, leading innovation and change, strategic agility, driving for results, applying technical expertise, business knowledge, communication, collaboration and teamwork, developing yourself and others as well as building and leading teams.
Specific examples of behaviors supporting these competencies include:
* Models corporate values through actions and behaviors, and encourages same from others within the product team.
* Demonstrates high level strategic decision making capabilities and mentorship on projects including, but not limited to, product strategies, strategic plan development risk assessments, and critical issue management.
* Demonstrates deep functional knowledge.
* Integrates functional expertise with business knowledge to solve problems and make good decisions for the team and overall business
* Proactively shares expertise with other areas of the company to impact their business issues
* Builds a work environment that promotes innovation and calculated risk taking
* Leads and motivates internal and external stake holders to challenge the status quo and look for opportunities to innovate
* Experience establishing a multi-year planning horizon
* Plans and executes changes with agility
* Assesses and approves processes and metrics to assess current performance and for scaling the business
* Skilled in consensus building. Fosters open communication. Listens and facilitates discussion.
* Leads and manages across a matrixed and complex organization.
Job Requirements :
* A bachelor’s degree in a business or related field or an advanced degree in a related technical field or equivalent experience. An advanced degree preferred.
Significant experience in multiple facets of pharmaceutical such as product development, sales and marketing.
Prior experience as a cross-functional team leader or product team lead in a biopharmaceutical company
Significant line management experience and experience of working successfully in a complex matrix environment
Preferably, experience with marketed products and/or late stage drug development in the product disease area
Proven track record of significant corporate level accomplishments
Excellent communication and influencing skills
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.