Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Report Specialist
Job Number: EXA0003G
This role is responsible for developing and maintaining Business Intelligence (BI) reporting solutions, utilizing MicroStrategy, to support CounselLink customers’ analytical and reporting needs. Includes creation of executive dashboards and visualizations, standard reports, custom reports, enhancing custom reports based on customer requests, and trouble-shooting reporting problems for efficient resolution. The MicroStrategy Developer is responsible for design, development, testing, maintenance, and support of enterprise-wide data analytics and reporting solutions. Successful candidates must demonstrate a clear understanding of BI and Data Warehouse operating environments and related technologies.
* Use MicroStrategy to develop dynamic dashboards, grids, graphs, scorecards, and statistical reporting utilizing MicroStrategy Release 9 version software
* Develop reports and dashboards that optimize the visualization capabilities of MicroStrategy and employ best practice user interface guidelines.
* Pro-actively recommend solutions that could prevent custom, non-scalable reports.
* Perform detailed data analysis, validation, and identify data quality issues.
* Build MicroStrategy metadata -metrics, filters, objects, prompts etc.
* Tune MicroStrategy queries to run efficiently in a large data volume environment.
* Participate in testing for development activities.
* Develop a strong understanding of the source systems that pass data to the reporting systems, and the relationships within the data.
* Support and manage special projects, ad-hoc management reporting requests, testing, and issue resolution
* Maintain documentation and tracking for reporting requests
* Communicate clearly and effectively with business users and technical teams through all phases of the development lifecycle
* Train and mentor less senior team members
* Remain up-to-date with all current and planned functionality within the supported reporting systems, and identify potential opportunities and benefits through its utilization
|LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis and Nexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or similar field preferred
* 5 years of report creation experience with large enterprise Business Intelligence (preferably recent versions 9.0 MicroStrategy) deployment
* Experience with visualization development and implementation
* Proficient in Business Intelligence architecture, dashboard, and report development including objects, filters, prompts and metrics
* Hands-on report development, dashboard creation, freeform SQL reports/metric/attribute/custom group/consolidation, and cubes creation
* Demonstrated experience working with ETL developers to define data mapping documents and database design
* Understanding of relational databases, strong SQL skills, and experience with data modeling and architecture
* Strong analytical and quantitative skills
* Proven ability to rapidly assimilate knowledge of processes and systems
* Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to express complex ideas in simple terms
* Ability to assume ownership of specific functions and products while leading and managing multiple tasks
* Demonstrated ability to work well independently, as well as partner with others as a team
* Willingness to take initiative to improve processes and resolve problems