TRC Companies Director, Electric Distribution Engineering in San Diego, California
TRC, one of the Nations' most capable engineering services firm is currently seeking a Director of Distribution Engineering for our West Region. The individual selected will manage the performance of a Regional Team. Responsibilities include technical leadership, financial performance, and resource management for all of TRC's engineering resources. The role will be responsible for developing and executing a business plan for TRC's West-based Distribution Engineering Practice and direct business development activities in support of utility clients in the regional market. The Director will have the lead role in interfacing with project/program leaders for all aspects of Distribution Engineering projects from initial proposal to project completion. Will also be responsible for coordinating engineering support for project work in other TRC practices.
General Description of Position:
Technical and administrative management of TRC's West Coast Distribution Engineering Operations; business development and marketing services to outside clients; perform billable work as necessary for clients within areas of expertise including project management.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Administer business development, departmental and personnel policies, salary administration, training, employee development, and performance evaluations for the employees of the Region.
Responsible for staff assignments, managing staff utilizations, and office profitability.
Take a lead role in building the Office by hiring employees, marketing services, and providing services to clients.
- Supervise the project efforts and provide Project Management services. Responsible for teaming with and/or managing the efforts of consultants involved in TRC projects.
- Responsible for preparing and coordinating proposals, schedules, and budget estimates for client activities. Assign and schedule work as required to meet regulatory and client requirements, assuring the highest quality and most efficient use of resources.
- Serve as the Company's contact person with all local area clients and partners. Must have excellent verbal and written skills and be able to communicate and negotiate effectively with clients, agencies, and the general public.
- Responsible for complete and accurate record keeping of all work performed by the Office.
- Must have good PC skills with experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and Outlook.
- Serve on industry committees and association groups as appropriate.
- Will be required to travel to support work.
B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, or related area with a minimum of ten years management or technical experience. Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills, strong written and oral communication skills, the ability to effectively market engineering services outside the Company, provide excellent customer service, practice high level project management, be innovative, and maintain a high level of integrity.
- Workplace flexibility -- Candidates may be based out of any TRC California office location (San Diego, Irvine, Fresno, Concord, Rancho Cordova).
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
San Diego, CA - Viewridge Ave - SDGO