Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Director, Product Engineering
Location: California-San Diego-San Diego - TC Blds C %26 D
Job Location: San Diego, CA or Tijuana, MX
Life-changers work here!
Carefusion Life-changers find innovative ways to improve our customer's ability to provide healthcare to their patients. One way is our search for bold and inspired employees across the globe. Are you ready to change lives? Join our 15,000 employees to help clinicians solve some of healthcare's most critical challenges. Visit with some of our Life-changers here!http://www.youtube.com/carefusion
CareFusion Business Description
Our Infusion products have helped safeguard patients from harm, vial to vein. The Alaris System, the world’s first smart IV pump,” is the only modular platform that allows caregivers to standardize every type of infusion on one flexible platform, helping to reduce adverse drug events and potential medication errors.
Product Engineering is responsible for developing iterations, modifying, implementing and supporting existing products that function within the product families through adherence to established design control processes and good engineering practices.
This position will be leading the Product Engineering group that is responsible for manufacturing disposables for our Infusion product line. There will be regular travel during the day from our San Diego to Tijuana, MX manufacturing facility. The ideal candidate should have an engineeering backing in plastics /consumables (biomedical or mechanical) and be willing to travel extensively.
* Provides leadership to Managers; may also manage first-line supervisors and/or professional staff
* Develops financial and operational objectives
* Ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives
* Contributes to functional strategy development
* Has in-depth functional expertise and broad business knowledge
* Applies expertise to achieve financial and operational objectives
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Biomedical, or related field required
* 6 years related work experience required
* Previous experience developing and aligning departmental goals with overall business objectives required
* Advanced degree preferred
* Strong leadership background
* Experience managing remote teams