Randstad Sr. Front End Developer in San Diego, California
Sr. Front End Developer
location:San Diego, CA
date posted:Wednesday, October 11, 2017
The User Interface Designer works within the team to provide complex user interface solutions for new application and production support and maintenance for existing software. This position develops wireframes, prototypes and screens, makes recommends and implements improvements for the usability, usefulness, and desirability of Client's applications.
The position requires an expert level experience in following areas:
· Prototyping with Axure or comparable software
· Responsive design and behavior
· Dreamweaver and/ or Photoshop
Some knowledge in the following is highly desired
· Angular JS, Angular 2/4· Agile methodology
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Participates on cross-functional teams (software developers, business system analysts, enterprise architects, internal stakeholders, product managers, operations managers, etc.) to agree on UX strategy, determine functionality and business requirements required for clients created applications.
· Collaborates in the definition of user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design standards and patterns for Clients applications, to optimize ease-of-use and to achieve an integrated and consistent "look and feel" for interfaces.
· Develops information architecture and processes for information flow of systems including web page hierarchy.
· Develops prototypes by creating and modifying wireframes that represent the external design of products and systems.Develops designs and converts to functional web pages; incorporates scripting languages as needed.
· Uses mockup tools to provide stakeholders with usability reviews, testing sessions, client reviews and/or sales demos.
· Reviews functional specifications for completion of requirements and consistency with user interface design.Ensures user's needs are met; conducts usability testing, and makes modification based on identified issues and/or user input.
· Conducts ongoing research of web-based user interface development best practices and maintains/updates technical skills with latest technologies.
· Applies "best practices" technology and creative approaches to solve problems, resolve issues and provide innovative solutions.
· Ensures applications with target audiences that may use mobile or tablet devices incorporate responsive web design (RWD), and contributes to selection of relevant frameworks/tools for RWD.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's in computer science, information technology or related technical field (or equivalent combination of education and experience required). Minimum of 5 - 8+ years' comprehensive experience in graphic web design/development and creation of user interfaces for web-based applications. Prior experience must include requirements analysis, usability testing, and web UI programming skills.
Computer Skills - Excellent skills set in the following required:
· Portal theme development, velocity template, ALLOY-UI
· Web content management system (CMS)
· Experience with UX/UI design and development with Liferay Portal and CMS is a plus.
· Graphic design (Adobe Photoshop or similar).Web graphics production tools such as Photoshop Flash, Visio, Dreamweaver and other UI Development tools
· Experience with methodologies such as Iterative development, Agile, RUP, and Lean
· Usability and coding practices for accessibility
· Commonly used Tools such as: JIRA, GIT and/or Subversion
· Proficient with MS Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook, Project)