Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Capital One Labs – Director of Market Development, Digital Deals-726916
Capital One Labs is looking for a Director of Market Development for its nascent Digital Deals business. You will play a key leadership position in the small-team incubation of a strategic new initiative (reporting directly to the General Manager). You’ll be tasked with creating a new market in the Deals space and closing/managing the large-scale partnerships needed to bring an aggressive growth strategy to fruition. You’ll be negotiating with the heft of over 60 million Capital One customers.
In this role you will:
- Develop a pipeline strategy for the sourcing of Digital Deals from local and national merchants
- Evaluate the potential of new strategic partnerships and architect/negotiate the business terms to bring them to life
- Oversee the implementation of new partnerships to bring new features to market
- Evaluate the feasibility and desirability of various pricing models
- Manage and evolve relationships with existing partners as the business grows
- Manage a team of junior business development professionals to execute the strategy
This position will report into a startup” incubation team within the larger Capital One and work closely with Capital One Labs. The Lab was formed in early 2011 with the explicit objective of accelerating Capital One’s enterprise-wide technology agenda through research and learning, rapid prototyping, and applied pilot market tests. Concept exploration spans multiple emerging spaces across digital commerce and payments, with a focus on mobile and social.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6 years experience in business development and/or partnership management
- Strong relationships/network in the digital advertising/deals ecosystem (e.g. digital media agencies, national retailers, local merchant aggregators, etc.)
- Deep knowledge and passion around emerging technologies and how they will change consumer experiences
- You are a self starter who has a proven track record of getting stuff done in lean fashion
- You have entrepreneurial, startup, or corporate innovation experience
- You have a high level of intellectual curiosity and are comfortable with ambiguity
- You are compelling and effective at communicating with and presenting to executive management
- You have an MBA or Master’s Degree
- You enjoy working with a fun team of richly creative and accomplished professionals
No agencies please.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We promote a drug-free work environment. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where differences lead to solutions.
Primary Location: United States-California-San Francisco-San Francisco-SF Caf� (61057)
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time