Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Req Number 38607BR
Job Title Clinical Case Manager Supervisor
Job Code and Payroll Title 9313 SOCIAL WORKER, CLINICAL III
Department Name Psychiatry SFGH
Work Days MONDAY – FRIDAY 8AM – 5PM
Shift Length 8 Hours
Job Summary The Emergency Department Case Management (EDCM) program is a case management program, designed by the Division of Psychosocial Medicine to meet the psychosocial needs of patients who frequently rely on the Medical Emergency Department and or on Inpatient medical services at San Francisco General Hospital. CSW I /II case managers are part of an interdisciplinary team who address medical, substance abuse, social service or psychological problems by providing case management / brokerage, individual and group counseling and crisis intervention services.
The CSW III – Coordinator of Patient recruitment and Training takes a leadership role in organizing, overseeing and carrying out all patient recruitment activities of EDCM. The CSW III also provides consultation and liaison to referral services, providing initial clinical assessments. The CSW III assumes responsibility for clinically supervising a minimum of 3 CSW I/II staff, in coordination with the program coordinator, and for organizing and directing the SW internship program for EDCM. The CSW III reports to the Program Coordinator.
Required Qualifications • Master's degree in social work, psychology or a related field from an accredited university and possession of a clinical social worker license issued by the California Board of Behavioral Science Examiners, and three years of post-master's experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position.
• Experience with diverse population: African-American, Asian-Pacific Islander, Latino, Lesbian and Gay, HIV seropositive, and/or Women.
• Experience in case management and prior work in health care setting.
• Experience with adult severely mentally ill and / or people with chronic substance abuse problems who are homeless.
• Experience working with people severe and complex medical conditions.
• Excellent clinical skills.
• Ability to set priorities, work independently, excellent follow-up, work well in high stress, high volume work setting and efficiently meet deadlines. Ability to follow written and oral instructions accurately and be detailed oriented.
• Able to climb stairs and ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Excellent documentation skills.
• Experienced working in behavioral health settings or medical settings with ability to further learn concepts and terminology pertinent to mental health and medical services.
• Ability to work sensitively with patients and colleagues from diverse cultural and social class backgrounds.
• Demonstrated punctual attendance and reliability.
• Successful background clearance; a preliminary job offer and assignment may be extended. pending clearance.
• Ability to meet minimum caseload expectations and demonstrate abilities in all basic job duties and required job duties in order to successfully pass six-month probationary period.
Note: Physical/Health Screening; fingerprinting and background check required.
Physical Demands: requires sitting; standing; walking; squatting; bending; waist twisting; kneeling; climbing stairs; reaching up to shoulder height; reaching above shoulder level; carrying/lifting 31-60 pounds; pushing/pulling up to 60 pounds; gripping/grasping, fine/gross finger manipulation; repetitive movements of upper and lower extremities; may be exposed to loud noises; dust, fumes or gases; chemical agents; tuberculosis, blood, body fluids or tissue, latex, verbal communication; operating motor; use protective equipment; managing clients with aggressive behaviors.
Preferred Qualifications • Experience working in public health or public agency setting.
• Language capacity for mental health and other services – Spanish.
License/Certification For CSW III must be licensed and completed BBS requirements for provision of supervision to licensed and non-licensed post-graduate MSW’s.
Position Type Full Time