Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: CPMC-Surgical Technician-Surgical Services*
Location: California-San Francisco-San Francisco
Serving more than 200,000 patients annually, California Pacific Medical Center (located in beautiful San Francisco) provides a wide variety of services including: acute hospital care, a full range of post-acute care, home care and hospice services, outpatient medical care, and preventive, complementary, and educational services. The Medical Center also provides professional education and basic biomedical, clinical and behavioral research. Today, with its 1,254 licensed acute care beds and 25 residential beds, California Pacific Medical Center is one of the largest private, non-profit academic medical centers in California.
The Surgery Technician assists in the care and preparation of the surgical patients by performance of routine and delegated duties according to standards and policies of the department and hospital to assure quality patient care. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to): preparation of surgical instruments and supplies; preparation of room for the next patient; ability to prepare for and actively participate in a large cross-section of surgical procedures.
* High school graduate/diploma or equivalent required.
* AHA BLS certification required
* Completion of Surgical Technician Program required
* Current national Certification in ASATT required or minimum of two (2) years Surgical Technician experience and obtain certification within one (1) year of hire
* Basic knowledge of surgical procedures, equipment and supplies is necessary.
* Communicates clearly and effectively
* Possesses initiative and exhibits dependable behavior