Federal Reserve Bank Integrations Engineer in San Francisco, California
Primary Location CA-San Francisco/remote
At the Federal Reserve Bank we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve.
The Federal Reserve Bank is looking for a motivated, talented, and experienced Engineer who is passionate about innovation, to work with the National Integration Services (NIS) team. This group is part of the Information Technology Services (ITS) department of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (FRBSF), which has partnered with National IT (NIT) to operate NIS on NIT’s behalf.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with NIS who enables the integration of systems and applications across the Federal Reserve enterprise utilizing specific middleware technologies to support business objectives for internal customers such as Cash, Markets, Statistics and Reserves, Bank Supervision and Regulation, and external customers including the US Treasury.
This opportunity will allow you to broadly apply your engineering skills across various NIS technology solutions efforts, as well as build your skills in other areas by being exposed to various aspects from inception, through design, build, and deployment. You will be a “jack-of-all-trades” working cross-functionally with Architects, Engineers, Business Analysts, and Service Managers across multiple teams in a rapidly evolving environment from completing design documentation, to consulting with other engineers and architects, completing network and server build requests, installing and configuring software, among other things.
To be successful in this role, you must be an organized, self-starter with stellar leadership and communication skills, who can work independently building relationships and driving technical solutions from inception to completion. This position requires the candidate be technically savvy and have a proven ability to work well in a highly dynamic environment and maintain a strong relationship with our customers and partners.
· 5-10 years of Engineering experience from Design through the Build of technical solutions
· Demonstrated technical expertise across a variety of technology platforms and solutions
· Ability to coordinate and work with diverse groups of subject matter experts
· Strong knowledge of high-availability, load-balancing and failover configurations across application, infrastructure, and platform components
· Understanding of security design for enterprise software systems
· Proven ability to write clear and concise technical documents, including design documents, specifications and technology roadmaps.
· Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation
· Ability to work effectively independently or in a team environment
· Strong analytical, collaboration, leadership, critical thinking, multitasking, and time management skills
· Ability to influence successfully in a highly matrix or virtual organization
· Demonstrates independent thinking and decision-making abilities
· Ability to quickly receive and process information
· Judgment to escalate risk based decisions appropriately
· Some travel may be required
· Must be a U.S. Citizen or a Green Card holder with the intent to become a U.S. Citizen
· Working knowledge of middleware technology – IBM IIB, MQ, Oracle, Mulesoft, etc.
· Working knowledge of application integration services like Enterprise Service Bus, Messaging brokers, File Transfer, ConnectDirect, etc.
· Practical experience and knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture, Microservices and API Management
· Experience with and/or working knowledge of Federal Reserve Bank Lines of Business and applications.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco we offer a wonderful benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Day Care, Vacation and Sick Days, 10 Paid Holidays, Commuter benefits, Matching 401K up to 6% and much more!.
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our people proudly reflect the diversity and ideas of the communities we serve.
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
Title: Integrations Engineer
Location: CA-San Francisco
Requisition ID: 252165
Other Locations: OR-Portland, UT-Salt Lake City, CA-Los Angeles, WA-Seattle, AZ-Phoenix