BlackRock iShares Data Analyst in San Francisco, California
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
We are looking for strong data analysts who can leverage statistical and programming skills to build creative tools and solutions to support the Capital Markets team within US iShares. In an effort to promote liquidity in ETFs and expand the adoption of iShares funds in client portfolios, the Capital Markets team is required to analyze large amounts of trading data across multiple investment vehicles. A key function of the role will be identifying correlations and discovering patterns from this data to inform business decisions that improve the client trading experience. The role will require partnership with in-house technology teams to ensure compatibility with existing systems architecture. We are looking for self-motivated and entrepreneurial individuals with a strong desire to enter the ETF industry and help shape a financial instrument that is changing the complexion of the investment universe.
The candidate will have the opportunity to design and build new capabilities while engaging with multiple development teams across the iShares Research and Global Investments Group.
- Analyze intraday ETF trading data produced from our proprietary Market Surveillance platform to build signals that inform product enhancement decisions
- Combine disparate data sources into an accessible data visualization tool that modernizes our way of generating market insight and investment content for clients
- Automate various reporting processes
- Partner with third party data providers to design customer tools that highlight ETF opportunities and provide better analytics, with a goal of driving more ETF activity
- Collaborate with other teams (Product, Strategy, Sales) to determine technical solutions for particular problems
- 3 years data analysis experience, preferably in finance
- 2 years SQL
- 2 years programming in Python, R, Java or other language
- Strong Excel and VBA skills; Tableau experience a plus
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics or related field
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code
Job Function: Business Management
Organization: Americas ETF Capital Markets
Title: iShares Data Analyst
Primary Location: Americas-United States-San Francisco
Requisition ID: 172417
Job Posting: Aug 11, 2017, 11:00:00 PM