Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Business Title:Manager/Director, Accounting Advisory Services
Area of Interest:Accounting
KPMG’s Advisory Services Practice focuses on fundamental business issues — managing risk, increasing revenues, controlling costs — that organizations, across various industries, should address in order to help them flourish. We help companies to identify and manage risks inherent in business processes and technology systems that support business objectives, and provide them with the information needed to help them meet their strategic and financial goals. Services are specialized to help clients mitigate risks across an overall risk spectrum. We are currently seeking a Manager/Director in Transactions-Accounting Advisory Services (AAS) for our Transactions & Restructuring practice to join us in our San Francisco or Silicon Valley office with Technology experience.
* Provide accounting advisory support to clients, including implementation assistance with new accounting standards
* Assist with Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) regulatory filings for spin-offs, carve-outs, initial public offerings (IPO), debt offerings, and other acquisition filings for both domestic and cross-border transactions
* Provide conversion services to United States and foreign registered companies that need a change in their financial reporting to U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
* Provide transaction oriented accounting and reporting assistance for mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, complex capital raising and financing structures, financial instruments, revenue recognition, and provide fresh-start accounting support to clients upon emergence from bankruptcy
* Responsible for staff management, financial metrics of the engagement, and preparation and presentation of accounting findings and concepts
Additional Responsibilities for Director:
* Manage large scale accounting advisory engagements and provide accounting support to clients, including implementation assistance with new accounting requirements and financial restatements
* Work with valuation advisors to assess the impact and reporting of valuation events such as acquisitions, management buyouts, and fresh-start accounting
* Identify and build long-term business relationships with new target clients and key executives and participate in presenting accounting findings and concepts to KPMG engagement teams, senior client executives, attorneys, investors, and other third party advisors
* Five years of financial audit experience with a public accounting or advisory firm or five years of financial reporting and consolidations experience with a Fortune 500 organization
* Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college/university
* Licensed CPA or equivalent
* Strong knowledge of the U.S. GAAP and IFRS
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Additional Qualifications for Director:
* Eight years of experience with a public accounting firm, advisory services firm, or a large multinational organization conducting financial audit or corporate accounting
* Demonstrated ability to connect with senior executives of leading organizations to generate new business relationships and projects
* Demonstrated ability to lead teams of over twenty employees comprised of diverse backgrounds and skill sets
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.