Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Type: Temporary
Location: San Francisco, CA
Benefits: No Benefits
Contact: Brian Disney
Apply To This Job
Return To List
AFL provides industry-leading products and services to a wide variety of industries. AFL’s Services Division has extensive experience in the design and application in telecommunications, broadband, wireless, electric utility, OEM, enterprise, and private network markets. This group provides site development, engineering, and construction expertise, integrated services, and fiber optic products. In addition, AFL’s Services Division manufactures, engineers, and installs fiber optic products and equipment to enable delivery of high-speed voice, video, and data services.
Founded in 1984, AFL is proud to offer engineering expertise, exceptional products and reliable service that help our customers improve their critical and electrical infrastructure. AFL has operations in the U.S., Mexico, Europe and Asia. The company is headquartered in Spartanburg, SC, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fujikura Ltd. of Japan.
Position: Outside Plant Fielder
AFL Network Services is seeking experienced OSP Fielders for immediate contract work on projects in the San Francisco Bay area, both North and South sides of the bay.
The OSP Fielder must be capable of securing the necessary field information, record verification, document preparation, data input, preparing work order construction prints, records posting; for all Aerial or Buried telecommunications facilities including but not limited to copper or fiber cable, poles, terminals, pedestals and hand holes.
He/She will visit pole locations in the field to determine what work needs to be performed. Identify and sketch existing OSP facilities and proposed transfer of facilities to new pole and recognize what OSP work needs to be performed to complete the transfer.
The OSP Fielder will meet or exceed business unit goals while maintaining quality standards, controlling expenses, and following company and business unit directives and practices.
The successful candidate must meet a majority of the knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience requirements outlined below.
* Must be able to take concise Field Notes and be responsible for all field work and staking sheets, permits, ROW, and the final drafting of the field notes when required.
* Must be able to make recommendations to Customer employees on all findings and needed changes.
* Must have a complete understanding of outside plant design principles, work order procedures, telephone industry standards and be in compliance with the latest revisions of any relevant Safety Codes, Electric Codes, Customer practices and procedures, local and governmental jurisdiction and be in accordance with instructions supplied by Customer.
* Must have functional knowledge of PC applications and OSP record and/or computer aided drafting systems.
* Adhere to and promote the environmental, health & safety policies of AFL.
* Perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
* Self-starter with integrity and confidence who strives to achieve in even the most challenging environments with limited supervision.
* Team player with well-developed interpersonal skills who is comfortable in a cross-functional, multi-cultural environment.
* Good decision making, analytical, and problem solving abilities.
* Strong communication and writing skills with the ability to clearly explain issues.
* Good time management.
Qualifications and requirements
* High School diploma or GED equivalent.
* Must be a dependable self-starter, able to work unsupervised in a fast-paced, outdoor environment.
* Preferably has experience with measuring tools, drafting and a Utility or Construction background.
* Ability to take pictures and upload/scan pictures and forms to a specified data drive.
* Knowledge of telecom OSP and fielding experience
* Ability to identify existing OSP by type, size, etc.
* Knowledge of proper safety practices
* Ability to meet critical due dates
* Current driver’s license
Apply To This Job