Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Software Engineer - Platform Analytics
Full-Time — San Francisco, CA
Our engineering teams are responsible for the services and infrastructure that connect hundreds of millions of active Twitter users to real-time information about what’s relevant in their lives and the world we live in. We work on some of the world’s largest distributed systems -- our core infrastructure receives hundreds of millions of tweets per day and serves tens of billions of API requests, all with an uptime in excess of 99.9%.
The Platform Analytics team is chartered with analyzing the usage patterns contained within the vast body of data that these systems generate. Our tools are deployed throughout the company to deliver critical engineering and business insights in real time, helping to evolve our core systems, understand traffic patterns and user behavior, and optimize the health and reliability of our platform. As an engineer on the team, you will help design the next generation of our infrastructure, working with teams across the company to define and realize our analytics goals.
* Understand the data generated by Twitter's core infrastructure and API clients
* Build high-performance, scalable analytics infrastructure that can process these data and deliver the results in real time
* Work with client teams to understand their analytics goals, and evolve our systems to meet their needs on a timely basisRequirements:
* Experience with distributed systems, performance analysis, and/or large-scale data processing
* Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
* Strong algorithms and data structures background
* BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.Desired:
* Development on the JVM, including asynchronous I/O, concurrency, and the Java memory model
* Experience designing fault-tolerant distributed systems
* Experience with Hadoop or other MapReduce-based architectures
* Contributions to the open-source community
Apply for this job
To check on an application you’ve submittedclick here.