Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Software Engineer - Web Frameworks
Full-Time — San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer - Web
About This Job
Twitter's Web Engineering Team is looking for new members to work on cutting edge projects.
Are you not just writing code but constantly figuring out ways to make your code better? Do you have real world experience in TDD or BDD? Are you a great communicator with a passion for simplicity and getting things done? Imagine being able to Get It Right when it comes to writing code.If so, you will work with the most popular technologies and help define the future direction of Twitter Web Engineering. You will have the opportunity to own the projects that you work on and have direct input into the business decisions that change the way people share, discover and communicate in the world.
* Continuous improvementof the code @Twitter by identifying areas that could use additional test coverage and or refactoring
* Collaborate with fellow engineers to analyze and decompose a complicated technology stack and design a strategy to refactor, measure and test the outputs and integrations
* Conduct research on emerging technologies that can be used to influence and drive the engineering at Twitter
* Proficiency creating applications in one server side framework: NodeJS, Rails, J2EE, Scala, etc.
* Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, headers, asset loading / caching)
* Create and maintain a gallery of anti-patterns and their counterparts to share across engineering
* Comfortable with continuous integration tools and developing metrics/tests for transparencyRequirements
* BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
* Excellent coding skill in Java and or Scala
* Experience with distributed systems using Java, Scala, Mesos, Gizzard, Cassandra, and Thrift
* Comfortable with continuous integration tools and developing, using and communicating metrics/tests across the engineering organization
* Several years experience in TDD or BDD
* Extensive experience with Jasmine, ScalaTest or rSpec
* Good working knowledge of scripting languages
* Strong communication and documentation skills
* You can provide a link to your github repo, personal projects, or technology blog
* Active user of Twitter
* You have a deep and abiding appreciation for memes
* BS or higher in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
* Passion for elegance and simplicity.
* You take pride in designing solutions that will outlive the problem.
* Previous experience in fast growing company
Followwww.twitter.com/JoinTheFlock for more recruiting info.
Apply for this job
To check on an application you’ve submittedclick here.