Choicelunch DELIVERY DRIVER in San Jose, California
Choicelunch, the premier school lunch company, is hiring!
Join a team dedicated to giving students choices for a healthy school lunch. We strongly believe that Healthy Kids are Successful Kids.
We are seeking full-time Monday - Friday delivery drivers out of our San Jose facility. Drivers are the face of our distribution of healthy kids’ lunches to schools around the bay area. Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record. Experience driving a bobtail/box truck required. Must be able to lift 50lbs and push up to 350lbs repeatedly. Attention to detail and sense of urgency a must! The right candidate will have the ability to stay calm under pressure, solve problems in the moment, excellent communication skills, and be punctual and reliable.
Driver Main Responsibilities
• Trains on and able to drive any route as necessary.
• Supports the warehouse and loading functions when not driving.
• Ensures the quality, timely and safe delivery of all food.
• Follows proper loading procedures to ensure accurate deliveries.
• Develops and maintains a positive, professional image for Choicelunch at all offsite venues.
• Practices good grooming and personal hygiene habits and follows the company dress code. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to properly manage individual route distribution to ensure each customer accurately receives all products and equipment each and every service day.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with peers, management and school staff in a professional manner. Ability to maintain calm under pressure.
• Ability to accept constructive criticism, as well as to provide constructive criticism when necessary, and take responsibility for work and actions.
• Full knowledge and clear understanding of Choicelunch’s business philosophy and company policies and procedures with the ability to adhere to them, as well as, instill them in others.
• Customer Service focused with the understanding that meeting the expectations of our schools is paramount to success.
• Self-motivated, detail oriented, flexible and dependable with a strong work ethic, with the ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
• Knowledge of safe working techniques and ability to train, monitor and enforce safe working habits, as well as maintain a safe working environment.
• Ability to safely lift 50 lbs. and move equipment up to 350 lbs. and safely operate a lift gate.
• Maintain Valid Driver’s License, with a safe driving record. Must meet Choicelunch insurance requirements.
• Ability to follow exact laws as stipulated by the California state DMV
Medical, dental and vision benefits after probationary period. 401K savings plan with company match after one year.
We are looking for candidates for immediate hire who can start right away. All employees must successfully complete a drug test and background check. Clean DMV record required.
PLEASE REPLY WITH RESUME and answer the following questions. Those qualified for the position will be contacted for an interview.
Do you have a valid driver’s license and clean DMV Report?
When are you available to start?
We require a DMV report, criminal background check and drug screening on all employees. Is that a concern for you?
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE