ASML Senior Technical Trainer in San Jose, California
Are you ready for the challenge? Do you want to be part of a team that's changing the way the semiconductor industry operates? Brion Technologies, an ASML division, located in San Jose, CA is seeking highly talented individuals to join our innovative team of engineers and business professionals to accelerate our leadership in delivering design and Manufacturing solutions to our customers. Brion is the worldwide leader in computational lithography; Brion's Tachyon™ enables a unique set of capabilities that address the interrelated challenges of design, photomask making and wafer printing for semiconductor manufacturing.
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ and San Jose, CA.
ASML is looking to hire a Sr. Technical Trainer Engineer to provide product training to internal and external customer engineering teams. You will have background in OPC/RET, Mask Data Preparation, Physical design, Lithography and other wafer processing experiences.
This position reports to the Brion/ASML Product Training Manager. The Senior Product Training Engineer will provide successful Instructional Lead Training (ILT) of Brion’s Tachyon products to external and internal customers. In addition, this position will support the infrastructure needed to capture, edit and publish multimedia training content that will be shared on Brion/ASML content delivery systems and learning management system (LMS).
In your role you will:
- Provide and coordinate onsite (85%) / offsite (15%) basic product training to customer engineering teams
- Manage product training content to meet internal and external customer needs
- Develop strong technical relationship with internal Product Engineering teams
- Tracking of World-wide Field Application Engineer’s recertification program
- Travel: Occasional domestic travel required <15%
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- Advanced knowledge and competency with Brion’s computational lithography products.
- Excellent verbal / written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience providing Instructor Led Training (ILT) of technical products.
- Proficiency in semiconductor processing and design, notably in photolithography
- Proficiency in e-learning project management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, Unix and Linux operating systems
- Prefer candidate have background in OPC Modeling, OPC Verification, RET, Source-Mask-Optimization, mask data preparation, physical design, lithography and other wafer processing steps
- Previous experiences customer training
- Candidate must have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with different cultures
- Strong communication, organization and leadership skills, ability to work effectively with other teams
- Masters/PhD in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Mathematics, Computer or Physical Sciences or equivalent experience
Preference will be given to candidates with prior study or experience in Training and prior knowledge/experience in the semiconductor industry.
Must have 3 to 5 years of training industry experience
5 years experience in photolithography
Track record of improving learning processes, productivity, quality and customer satisfaction
Ability to work independently and also effectively as a member of a team
Ability to manage several e-learning projects with varying levels of complexity
Ability to scope, measure and monitor project progress to ensure delivery meets expectations
Ability to prioritize, schedule and meet aggressive deadlines
Strong customer focus and strong team player
Ability to organize and influence without power
Excellent written, visual and verbal communication and proofreading skills, in a multi-cultural environment
Strong problem solving and innovative thinking skills
Quick learner and flexibility with software and technology
Context of the position
This position will be based at ASML-Brion, located in San Jose, California. ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer/MFDV. Some travel, including international may be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer
Location: San Jose - CA, US
Experience: 5-10 Experienced
Available since: 2017-09-15
Functional area: Training & Publications