Edmodo Product Analyst in San Mateo California United States
Edmodo’s mission is to connect all learners with the people and resources they need to reach their full potential. On Edmodo, teachers are at the center of a powerful network that connects them to students, administrators, parents, and publishers. This network surfaces the world’s best resources and tools, providing the building blocks of a high quality education. In Edmodo’s secure environment, teachers and students can collaborate, share content, and use educational apps to augment in-classroom learning. These powerful capabilities enable teachers to personalize learning for every student. Edmodo is free for teachers and students and always will be. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, CA. Learn more atwww.edmodo.com.
About the Role
Edmodo is looking for Product Analysts with a passion for education. The person in this role will partner with our Product Managers and and other product stakeholders to drive informed decisions. The ideal candidate would be a highly analytical, practical, results-focused self-starter, who can keep our Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers honest and ensure our decisions are backed by data. You combine great quantitative intuition with business savvy.
* See beyond the numbers to understand our users
* Analyze, mine, and present data
* Collaborate broadly to inform, influence, and execute Product decisions
* Evangelize a data driven approach throughout
* Build and maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics
* Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics, or another technical field
* Fluency in SQL
* Some experience in a scripting language (Python, PHP, Perl, etc.)
* Ability to communicate complex insights clearly and effectively to technical and non-technical audiences
* Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop/EMR) a plus
* Experience with statistics and packages such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, or Stata a plus
Working at Edmodo
At Edmodo, we are working together to create an environment that fosters learning and growth and encourages creativity, transparency, and diversity. Hear what it’s like to work at Edmodo, directly from the Edmodo team:http://www.jobs.edmodo.com
Edmodo offers a comprehensive compensation package, which includes the following benefits:
* Aetna Medical PPO 10, HMO 15 and HSA options
* Gaurdian Dental PPO 2000
* VSP Vision PPO
* Short-term and long-term disability
* LIFE & AD&D
* Vanguard 401(K)
* Domestic partner benefit coverage
* 10 paid holidays
* Vacation time off
* Wellness time off
* Meal plan
* Organic catered daily food, snacks and drinks
* Paid public transportation and parking
The position is located in downtown San Mateo, minutes from the 101, 280, and 92 freeways.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.