Republic Services Field IT Engineer--Remote in San Pablo, California
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier
Our history dates back to the early 1990’s when Republic Waste Services was formed to consolidate a series of regional waste collection companies. The Company underwent a series of name changes and business transformations during the early to mid-90’s and began trading as Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG) on July 1, 1998. For the next 10 years, the Company experienced strong and dramatic growth and, in late 2008, Republic Services and Allied Waste Industries merged to create the current Company. Today, Republic Services is a Fortune 300 Company, operating across 39 states and Puerto Rico.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Field IT Engineer’s role is to ensure the effective IT operations of the Republic Service’s corporate office in alignment with Republic Services’ business objectives. This individual will plan, coordinate and implement IT-related activities and projects at the corporate office according to company standards. The Field Engineer will service and support desktop computing technology for the various departments including installation, repair and replacement. This role is responsible for the overall technology needs of the Executive team’s essential day to day operations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to interact with Company personnel at all levels of the organization to resolve IT related issues and provide effective solutions in a timely manner.
• Capable of prioritizing and managing assignments, tasks and projects to completion with minimal supervision.
• Ability to maintain a detail oriented approach while multitasking in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedures and other documentation.
• Associates degree in IT or a technology- related field.
• Bachelor’s degree in MIS or a technology-related field is highly preferred.
• Minimum of 4 years of computer network experience.
• Experience with Cisco VOIP/UCCE.
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification.
• Provide effective level two support for WAN’s, LAN’s, field servers and specific field applications including on-call and on-site support/remediation as required.
• Act as an effective liaison between field staff, management, vendors and Corporate IT.
• Identify, implement and report proactive solutions that provide cost savings and/or improve operational efficiencies at field locations.
• Participate in the installation, replacement, disposal of field computer hardware.
• Manage and maintain IT infrastructure at field locations.
• Troubleshoot and administer Cisco VOIP phone system installations including user add, changes and moves. Coordinate with 3rd party consultants as required.
• Build, maintain and manage strong vendor relationships to coordinate the delivery of IT services including cabling, hardware, software and other IT supplies.
• Provide timely reports on all activities as directed by management.
• Perform other job related duties as assigned. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• HS Diploma or GED.
• Minimum of 2 years hands-on network experience.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.