nfrastructure Senior Staff Security Engineer in Santa Clara, California
Let’s Work Together
Senior Staff Security Engineer
This position is based in Santa Clara, CA
LIFE at nfrastructure
At nfrastructure, we understand that our success results from our diverse workforce. nfrastructure nployees relish challenging projects working alongside technology’s best and the brightest. Our team members enjoy the freedom and support they receive to help our customers solve problems and capitalize on opportunities. Our work environments are designed to foster collaboration, creativity, excitement and success. We are a high-growth organization that counts many of the world’s most admired brands as customers. nfrastructure is a CRN Triple Crown winner, a member of the Fast Growth 150, Tech Elite 250 and Solution Provider 500, Inc.’s Build 100 List of Sustained-Growth Companies, Inc.’s 500|5000 list, and are recognized as both a Times Union Top Workplace and a Best Company to Work for in New York State.
The role: Senior Staff Security Engineer
As the Senior Staff Security Engineer you will be responsible for security management of end user compute and mobile devices, data center infrastructure, and data security. Working closely with others in the Information Security team the position reports to the Information Security Operations manager.
- Design, build and run global footprint of endpoint and data center security management tools in a global 24x7 high availability environment, including on-premise and cloud-based network security#
- Consult with IT engineers define and drive best practices related to minimum baseline security standards (MBSS) for endpoint and server operating systems (Windows, Mac, Linux, AIX), data center networking and storage devices, and IT applications
- Collaborate with the Information Security SOC and SEIM teams to build monitoring and incident response capabilities related to endpoint and data center security.
- Review, assess, document and present security risks related to security policy exceptions
- Collaborate with IT colleagues and business owners to recommend and implement solutions for continuous improvement or to realize new security capabilities
- Analyze and resolve highly technical problems related to network security devices, often at the TCP/IP protocol and packet level
- Participate in security incident response as needed
- BA in Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field of study of study
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Information Technology management
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant network security experience, including management of firewalls, web proxy servers, and IDS / IPS systems in a global enterprise
- Must be able to participate in a 24x7 on call rotation at least one week per month
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to facilitate collaboration with colleagues and business partners worldwide, and to execute changes during low impact periods
- Degree/Masters in Engineering, IT or related discipline
- Five or more years experience with specializing in endpoint security management, Windows and/or Linux server security management, data loss prevention technologies, or user behavior anomaly detection with industry leading vendor tools
- Two or more years experience with public cloud network security, preferably Amazon Web Services
- Prior experience in malware and forensic analysis and remediation, or hands-on experience working as a security analyst
- Solid understanding of the underlying LINUX/UNIX & Windows OS security architecture
- Ability to develop, describe and communicate security baselines and policies
- Customer facing skills are highly desired
- Highly motivated and a passion for cybersecurity
- Working knowledge in the manufacturing sector, especially the semiconductor industry
- Excellent technical documentation and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently when needed
- Ability to address customer needs in a professional manner
nfrastructure partners with the world’s most admired brands to design, build, and operate infrastructure and applications for digital business. Our insight, execution, and results culture, world-class engineering talent, on-site technical service in every major market, tightly integrated high-availability remote support and our innovative, proprietary “nterprise” software platform delivers a highly differentiated value proposition for our customers and partners.
More information about nfrastructure can be found at www.nfrastructure.com
Apply for this job or another online today at https://nfrastructure.com/careers/latest-jobs.html
nfrastructure is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply for positions.
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Department: On-Prem Managed Services