Marvell Sr. Unified Communications Engineer in Santa Clara, California
Primary Job Responsibilities
We’re looking for a Unified Communications and Collaboration expert with superior skills and a passion for using technology to connect and empower people worldwide. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of End User Productivity and Experience, you’ll be responsible for designing and building the highly available AV/VC and collaboration environment that lets employees communicate and collaborate easily and intuitively across functional and geographic boundaries.
The ideal candidate will have a keen sense for industry trends and emerging technologies that improve employee productivity and satisfaction, as well as the ability to work across boundaries to deliver results.
You’ll need a working knowledge of a broad set of communication technologies including room and desktop video conferencing, WebEx, Zoom, audio/visual equipment, Cisco Unified Call Manager, and Cisco video conferencing room infrastructure.
The operational side of the job includes systems configuration and documentation, software installation and upgrades, technical support and troubleshooting, hardware builds and standards definition, new feature implementation, and system performance measurement and tuning.
· 10 years of experience with Windows systems administration, including server builds, applying security best practices, and the planning and large-scale deployment of hardware and applications.
· 10 years of video and voice conferencing infrastructure experience managing and deploying Cisco Codians, VCS Control, VCS Express, TMS, TPS, TCS, and Call Manager.
· 8 years deploying and supporting web conferencing and messaging solutions (WebEx, Skype for Business, Zoom, Jabber, etc.).
· 8 years supporting Cisco video conferencing codecs or similar full-room visual communication technology and related hardware.
· Experience deploying and supporting video streaming infrastructure (Wowza, VBrick, Skype Broadcasts, LiveStream or similar).
· Deep understanding of collaboration protocols such as TCP, UDP, SIP, SCCP, QoS, H.323, G.711, H.264 and SVC.
· Proficiency with troubleshooting AV/VC problems that flow through load balancers such as BigIP F5, CheckPoint firewalls and Cisco networking equipment.
· Experience with Crestron product lines including Fusion.
· Ability to establish and follow policies and change procedures for infrastructure administration, and follow best practices for enterprise monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance.
· Work with key business users to understand the business requirements and potential collaboration solutions within the current architecture.
· Proactively identify potential production issue and recommend andimplement solutions.
· Work on daily ticket submittalsto tier 3from end users for support and resolution.
· Act as theescalation point for all lower level support issues and be able toperform support and follow through toresolution for local issues affecting the business.
· Drive projectsand be arepresentative for the global AV/VC team for local support.
· Assess and perform systems utilizationand headroom reportsto assist in troubleshooting and performance tuning.
· Create and maintain detailed systems documentation and post to shares for team information sharing
· Experience in a user-focused technical-support environment
· Ability to perform7x24 on-call duty on a rotational basis with other team members
· Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to peers and management
· Ability to think logically and analyze application and business process requirements.
· Proven leadership qualities and strong procedural and architectural documentation skills
· Flexible, adaptable, and able to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, high-pressure, fast-paced environment
· Self-driven and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Job: *Information Technology / MIS
Title: Sr. Unified Communications Engineer
Location: California-Santa Clara
Requisition ID: 171393