Vail Resorts Grooming Lead, Terrain Park - Heavenly Mountain Resort - Winter Seasonal in South Lake Tahoe, California
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Summary: The Terrain Park Operator will assist the Terrain Parks department with the overall construction and maintenance of all terrain parks, halfpipes, and the entire boarder cross zones. The terrain park operator is responsible for the safe and timely completion of assigned projects. The terrain park operator must fully comprehend time and project management, as well as possess both grooming equipment and equipment implementation usage skill sets. The terrain park operator will be responsible for ensuring that his/her projects are completed while adhering to specific design and construction parameters set forth by the grooming supervisors, leads, and the terrain park manager. The Terrain Park operator will assist the terrain park manager and grooming supervisor with carrying out all guest service and operational goals and objectives set forth by the terrain park manager, the terrain park “Best Practices” group, and upper management.
Responsibilities for Terrain Park Operators:
· Ability to operate all grooming equipment and ability to undergo training in order to utilize all grooming components
· Operator must adhere to operational/company standards
· Must be capable of completing general park maintenance and assist the grooming supervisor with other terrain park/halfpipe/ builds and maintenance
· Attend a daily grooming plan/objectives meeting with grooming supervisor/grooming operator -1
· Must embrace the established operational guideline’s concerning risk management, feature placement and construction, overall park diversity and rider/skier accommodation.
· Assist terrain park manager, grooming supervisor, and day staff Supervisor in terrain park construction and other related projects
· Collaborates with and produces a team dynamic between mountain operation departments
· Must facilitate the communication between all operators regarding various shift needs, projects, and equipment specifics
· Act as role model regarding employee development and guest service related initiatives
· Take part in all trainings for Grooming Staff and assist with newer operator training when applicable
· Must embrace and communicate to all groomers the established operational guideline’s concerning risk management
Lead Terrain Park Operator Requirements:
· Must have a valid driver's license
· High School Diploma/ GED Equivalent
· Minimum of 5 years of experience as Terrain Park Groomer and/or 5 years of Mainline/Fleet Grooming
· Ability to maintain and construct terrain park snow features, rail and box features(snow work) and follow specific grooming patterns
- Must be able to construct and maintain a variety of snow and jump features for all trail designations including halfpipe construction
· Must be able to operate Prinoth - Bison X, Bison, BR350 and/or comparable grooming machines
· Ability to operate winch cats and additional grooming components such as hydraulic forks, Zaugg, etc.
· Must be able to ski/ride at a Level 7 ability level
· Must have own ski/ride equipment
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you’ve found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID [[id]]