Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Director, Enterprise Program ManagementEnterprise Program Management | South San Francisco, CA, United States
The Director, EPMO will develop and maintain enterprise wide business process maps and identify Business Process Owners. Leveraging this strategic process viewpoint the Director will engage leaders throughout Onyx to understand areas for process improvement. By conducting interviews and facilitating meeting with business partners the Director will apply BPI methodologies to derive and validate business processes models that define as-is and to-be process flows and build consensus on a plan for process improvement.
Essential/Primary Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
* Investigate and learn business issues and data challenges of the business through daily interaction with the department members and their leadership.
* Develop and maintain current state process documentation.
* Build desired future state process documentation.
* Create awareness of process improvement opportunities by doing internal stakeholder analysis; competitive market scans; industry best-practice analysis; and strength, weakness, opportunity and threat analysis.
* Build consensus among a diverse group of process stakeholders in order to facilitate a resolution to the challenges that arise from business processes that span many functional, divisional and geographic areas of a company.
* Identify process 'pain points' or disconnections and translate them into process improvement opportunities, such as cost savings/avoidance, productivity gains, quality improvements or revenue generation. Recommend the correct process improvement approach to process stakeholders to achieve business outcomes.
* Identify current state baseline metrics and create target performance metrics for future state process.
* Develop metrics and measurements of new process initiatives.
* Define the post-implementation strategy for continuous process improvement.
* Provide domain knowledge and insight to shape 'to-be' processes for particular process areas or vertical-industry subsections.
* Understand how systems are affected by business process change.
* Provide advice and oversight of process change initiatives.
* Establish the principles, directions and standards as it relates to the business process solution framework for Onyx.
* Mentor colleagues in process improvement techniques.
* Responsible for ensuring that Onyx methodologies are applied in process design.
* Other duties as assigned.Requirements
* 12+ years BioPharma experience in increasing levels of responsibility
* Experience working in a variety of business functions
* Proven track record of building consensus and forming coalitions
* Experience with change management and adoption methods
* Experience facilitating process improvement workshops and building consensus on a plan for continuous process improvement
* Experience managing cross-functional process improvement efforts
* Ability to develop and deliver project specific training material and courseworkManagement of Staff:
* The Business Process Architect will hire and lead a small team of Process Consultants Customer & Industry Knowledge:
* Experience in Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry working on cross functional projects or within multiple business domains (e.g. Commercial, R&D etc) Education/Training:
* Bachelor of Science degree (in science, engineering or business), with related business discipline experience.
* MBA or master’s degree in a relevant field preferred.Other Requirements:
* Excellent verbal and written communication required.
* Proven ability to work with diverse project teams on successful projects Competencies
* Challenges the Status Quo
* Leads and Embraces Change
* Communicates Effectively