Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Auto req ID 22931BR
Job Posting Title Engineer, Sr Staff - Software Development
Business Unit Mobile and Wireless Group
Job Description In this role you will be part of a SW team to extend and integrate Broadcom’s mobile platform to engage with the 1st tier cellular phone manufactures to create mobile phone handsets. Some travel is required.
• Enhance and maintain Linux operating system. Be responsible for Android software on mobile chips.
• Utilize knowledge of scripting languages (Perl, Tcl, Expect) and programming languages (C, Assembly, MIPS,ARM assembly) to design, develop, debug and test software drivers for custom boards.
• Document software design and usage for end customer consumption.
• Design hardware enhancements in coordination with hardware team.
• Ensure delivered software components meet the customer requirements.
• Develop new methods to ensure the quality of the products delivered to the customers.
• Conduct tests on new releases and verify proper operation of hardware and software, involving debugging of hardware systems and writing of diagnostic codes.
• Assist with development of engineering project schedules.
Job Requirements • Typically requires a BS degree and 9 years of experience or an MS degree and 6 years of experience or a PhD and 3 years of experience
• Strong capability in C-level programming.
• Experience with Linux kernel and/or Android in multi-processor environments required.
• Driver development for PMU and WIFI device drivers.
• MIPS and ARM Assembly language programming.
• Experience debugging with tools such as JTAG/ETM.
• Experience in the embedded software development.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Country United States
Shift 1st Shift - Day
Percent of Travel Required 10% - 25%
Discipline Software Development