Esterline CNC Machinist 2 (Temp) 2nd shift in Sylmar, California
CNC Machinist 2,Esterline Control Systems
Job Summary This level is intended for machinists that have proven themselves at the Machinist entry level. He / she has a proven track record of being professional, efficient and team players.
Reads and interprets blueprints, process sheets, sketches, and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, setup procedures, control settings, machining to be done. Dimensional specifications, and operating requirements.
Loads control media in machine controller or enters commands to retrieve preprogrammed instructions from file server.
Inspects first run piece and spot checks succeeding parts for conformance to specifications.
Enters commands or manually adjusts machine controls to correct malfunctions or out of tolerance machining.
Operates machine manually to perform non-automated functions and when automatic programming is faulty or machine malfunctions.
Performs machine maintenance.
- Knowledge of all precision tools and gages.
- Read and interpret blue printswith GD&T;.
- Set up and operates different types of CNC milling machines, CNC lathes a plus
- Strong shop math skills required.
- Must be able to use precision measuring tools.
- Must have strong knowledge CNC programming.
- Strong conventional milling machining back ground is a plus. Education/Previous Experience Requirements
High school or technical trade school education and/or approved apprenticeship, five years’ CNC Mill experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Work Hours Monday-Friday 7am-3:30pm
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Job Title: CNC Machinist 2 (Temp) 2nd shift
Req ID: 11648BR
Location: Mason Controls
Country: United States
Position Type: Regular