Vail Resorts Burton Retail: Sales/Cashier - Northstar Resort in Truckee, California
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Responsible for accurately and efficiently processing store sales through the use of a cash register. Generate sales by establishing professional and personalized rapport with customers and delivering world-class guest service.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Serve customers by developing a rapport, building customer confidence, providing accurate information, and promoting product through point of sale
• Provide customers with highest level of customer service expected for assigned department through professional, courteous and knowledgeable assistance to ensure individualized needs are met with respect to equipment, product, and/or merchandise questions
• Complete sales transactions by accurately and efficiently ringing up customer sales
• Responsible for following all company standards in regards to paperwork, cash management and loss prevention
• Ensure an enthusiastic and professional level of customer service at all times
• Maintain a neat and organized work area by placing hangers, returned items, and paperwork in appropriate and designated locations
• Answer store phones courteously and professionally
• Call for additional assistance if a line develops to ensure proper guest satisfaction
Education: HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
Work Experience: No prior work experience required, experience in a retail environment or equivalent relevant experience preferred
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills with ability to learn
Language Skill: English fluency
Other Requirements: Excellent customer service skills, Ability to handle multiple customers and projects at one time, Ability to troubleshoot and elevate questions or concerns to management.
Preferred Skills: Average math skills, Merchandising
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID [[id]]