Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Connect2Work Program Intern
Sector: Economic Recovery & Development
Location: US - CA -San Diego
Employee Type: Volunteer
Employee Category: Part Time
The IRC in San Diego’s Employment Program is housed within the Center for Financial Opportunity whose overarching goal is to help refugees achieve not only self sufficiency but financial success in the U.S. The Employment Program includes assistance with early employment, overcoming transportation barriers to employment, career advancement and access to educational opportunities.
The Connect2Work Program Intern will assist the Youth Employment Specialist by providing educational, employment and career preparation servicesforout of school youth between the ages of 17-21 with the goal of assisting them secure employment, attain credential or certificate and enroll in post-secondary education.
* Provide intensive one-on-one tutoring to youth in preparation for GED or CAHSEE tests (high school level)
* Mentor youth in their job search by assisting with interview prep and application submission.
* Provide guidancein helping youth navigate career options and post secondary institutions.
* Conduct regular follow up to ensure youth are on-track and making appropriate decisions in order to achieve their educational and employment goals.
* Assist with program event planning including logistics for graduation and career exploration events.
* Prepare weekly newsletter to provide to enrolled youth highlighting events and activities available in the program.
* Assist with providing transportation for clients to appointments and trainings.
* Reliable and flexible
* Excellent communication skills
* Organized with attention to detail
* Able to work independently
* Strong desire to help people and enthusiasm for working in a multi-cultural setting
* Experience working with youth, specifically in the context of educational and social programs is highly desirable.
* Strong computer skills particularly in MS Office applications
* Must have reliable transportation and maintain valid driver’s license and insurance coverage
This is an unpaid internship. Interns are required to work at least 25 hours per week, Monday through Friday, for a minimum of 12 weeks
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter directly firstname.lastname@example.org the following information listed in the cover letter:
-projected start/end date (noting that we have a 3-month minimum for our internships)
-days and number of hours of availability during the work week (for example: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9am-5pm)
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.