Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
CRNA-Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
STG International iscurrently accepting resumesfor a CRNA- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist to support TRAVIS Air Force Base in Fairfield, CA.
This posting is for future openings--no current available positions.
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
* Manage patient anesthesia experience, perform preoperative evaluations and preparations, administer monitored anesthesia care, regional and general anesthesia, monitor and manage patient reactions to anesthesia and surgery, manage fluid therapy, perform and manage invasive monitoring, and perform post‑operative evaluations as privileged by the credentials committee.
* Advise appropriate anesthesiologist of adverse reactions necessitating non-delegated medical decisions; take appropriate actions as directed or required.
* Assist with the training of other staff personnel to include in venipuncture and intravenous therapy, respiratory care, and anesthesia.
* Indicate responsibility for the contents and accuracy of all prepared reports/forms by affixing his/her own signature to the documents after validation.
* Attend and participate in professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities.
* Department quality improvement activities as assigned by the department chief may include, but not limited to:
* Occurrence screening checklist
Patient care chart audits
Special studies on quality of care within the Anesthesia Service
Non-clinical duties will include, but is not limited to:
* Maintaining cleanliness of anesthesia work areas and equipment
* Rotation of stock and removal of supplies nearing expiration
* Reviewing and updating of departmental operating instructions
* Hospital committee representation
* Orientation of personnel
STG International, Inc. (STGi) is a dynamic professional services company dedicated to providing the following leading-edge services to our government and military clientele:
Medical Staffing Service - Human Resource Services and System Solution - Management and Data Resources Consulting Services - Professional and Administrative Services.
Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, STGi was founded in 1997 to provide high quality management and technical services to federal clients. STGi is a woman- owned, minority business, and is a financially sound organization poised for continued success, as is evidence by the company’s exponential growth in recent years.
STG International offers an outstanding benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match. STG International is an EEO compliant organization.
CRNA's will assist with the training of students and residents who are approved by the training/program director or GME office to train in the Anesthesia Department.
* Shall be a graduate from an accredited baccalaureate degree program in nursing (BSN) acceptable to the U.S. Air Force Surgeon General.
* Have and maintain a current license to practice nursing as a registered nurse in a US jurisdiction.
* Must have a Master’s degree from an accredited program in nurse anesthesia
* Must complete a course in nurse anesthesia acceptable to the U.S. Air Force Surgeon General.
* Shall hold current certification from an approved national CRNA certifying body (Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists). Shall maintain certification and be recertified every 2 years by the Council on Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists.
* Have and maintain current certification in advanced cardiac life support (ACLS).
* Have experience in the delivery of and monitoring of all types of anesthesia utilized in the delivery of obstetrical anesthesia (general endotracheal, subarachnoid block and epidural).
* Have at least 12 months within the last 24 months providing epidural analgesia (labor epidurals).
Fairfield, , United States