Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Sr. Software Engineer, Cloud/Mobile
Job ID 2013-7633
Category Research and Development (R&D)
Relocation Assistance Available No
Position Type full-time
Employee Referral Program Level $1,500
More information about this job:
Sage is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer for our Irvine office
Sageis a leading supplier of business management software and services to more than 6 million customers worldwide, and we’re building some of the most advanced cloud-based web and mobile business applications. From small start-ups to larger organizations, our SaaS products are various industries’ most widely used business software, including Sage 50 (fmr.Peachtree Accounting), Sage 300 (fmr.Timberline), SageSalesLogix, and numerous others. With headquarters in the UK and over 13,000 employees in offices worldwide, Sage consistently ranks among the top software companies to work for.
For more information about Sage 300 ERP (formerly Sage ERP Accpac) please visit www.na.sage.com/sage-300-erp. For a full list of our opportunities and details about Sage and our team please visitwww.na.sage.com.
Following industry standard practices, analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies moderate to highly complex software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs. Code may be used in commercial or end-user applications, such as materials management, financial management, HRIS or desktop applications products. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. Leads one or more software development/enhancement projects that can span multiple modules/projects. Requires advanced, substantial knowledge and proficiency in industry and/or job requirements.
* Review existing delivery dates and work requirements with current knowledge set, analyze possible alternatives and communicate options and their affects, both technical and upon delivery date.
* Within a team environment, proactively analyze, clarify, code and unit test software, including features, defects and refactoring.
* Participate in code reviews, both of your own code and as a reviewer.
* Participates in project teams to create working software.
* Record and report status in agile environment.
* Prepare code documentation.
* Contributes ideas to project planning and occasionally mentors other engineers.
* Protect company proprietary and confidential information.
* Other duties as assigned.
* B.S. in Computer Science or 5 years of professional development experience
* 4+ years of software development experience
* ASP.Net / MVC / jQuery / C# development experience. HTML5 experience is desired.
* 3+ years of experience with Cloud and Mobile project
* Development experience or exposure to platforms including iOS or Android is preferred
* Experience delivering software in mobile environment
* Experience on teams building software on cloud-based platforms.
* Experience delivering software in cloud or on-demand environment
* Able to work well in a team utilizing complex technologies
* Able to pick up and understand new technologies/frameworks quickly
* Technical certifications preferred.
* Functional skills in programming languages
* Has the ability to work on problems of significan scope independently. Self directed.
* Complete understanding and wide use of technical standards, principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related principles.
* Agile development, object oriented design and development, highly concurrent environments, automation, web services, and Saas skills.
* Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Apply for this job online
* Email this opportunity to a referral