Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
STG International iscurrently accepting resumesfor a Registered Vascular Technologist to support TRAVIS Air Force Base in Fairfield, CA.
This posting is for future openings--no current available positions.
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
* Conducts vascular laboratory studies in accordance with the vascular laboratory protocols.
* Performs independent triage of consultations for vascular laboratory studies, including recommendations to the referring physician and vascular laboratory staff for selection of the study appropriate to a particular clinical situation.
* Determines the daily schedule of studies, which involves proper prioritization of consultations.
* Provides preliminary interpretations of all vascular laboratory studies and relays this information to the referring physician, in advance of a formal interpretation by the vascular laboratory staff physicians.
* Performs a variety of vascular laboratory studies, including: carotid duplex, abdominal and extremity arterial duplex, renal and visceral artery duplex, extremity graft surveillance duplex, venous duplex,oculoplethysmography(OPG), peripheral arterial pulse volume recordings and segmental pressures, and venous airplethysmography.
* Develops patient education materials intended to answer questions regarding various vascular laboratory studies as well as about various diseases.
* Ensures preventive maintenance on the vascular laboratory equipment is accomplished as required.
* Maintains the vascular laboratory quality assurance database which involves weekly continuing comparison of the results of vascular laboratory studies to those of arteriogram, CT scans, MR scans, and operative finding and management of an ongoing database.
* Interacts with the laboratory medical and technical staff, residents from various referring services, ward nurses and personnel and medical students.
* Ensures that all vascular laboratory studies are scheduled in an appropriate manner to satisfy the clinical situation.
* Places a preliminary interpretation (based upon published vascular laboratory protocols) on the patients’ outpatient medical record at the time of the examination.
* Notifies the vascular laboratory medical staff and referring provider when a particular study needs immediate attention.
* Independently recognize abnormal findings and perform additional examinations as clinically indicated.
STG International, Inc. (STGi) is a dynamic professional services company dedicated to providing the following leading-edge services to our government and military clientele:
Medical Staffing Service - Human Resource Services and System Solution - Management and Data Resources Consulting Services - Professional and Administrative Services.
Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, STGi was founded in 1997 to provide high quality management and technical services to federal clients. STGi is a woman- owned, minority business, and is a financially sound organization poised for continued success, as is evidence by the company’s exponential growth in recent years.
STG International offers an outstanding benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match. STG International is an EEO compliant organization.
Operates equipment to accomplish vascular studies and procedures. Prepares equipment and patients for studies and procedures. Performs technical and administrative vascular lab activities. Ensures health protective measures such as universal precautions are established and employed.
* Must have knowledge of the physiologic severity of vascular disease and the ability to evaluate a particular vascular laboratory test within the context of previous examinations, and be able to clearly and effectively communicate this to the medical staff; vascular laboratory protocols and the medical literature from which they arise are needed to continue to update laboratory practice as the standard of care advances; pathophysiology of vascular disease; and, acoustical physics, Doppler ultrasound principles, and ultrasound equipment as necessary both for proper performance of vascular
* Certified as a Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or a Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS) through Cardiovascular Credentialing International
* Must have 24 months experience within the past 36 months working as a Vascular Technologist.
Fairfield, , United States